“Party for 16. Top notch food and service!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern

Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern
Ranked #79 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 501 & Carolina Forest Blvd near the Tanger Outlet
Description: If you live and breathe the game of golf, you’re bound to hunger for more than a few birdies. At Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern, you can feast on your passion for the game, as well as great food. Come in and roam from room to room, savoring the rich wood décor and all the memorabilia collected by Sam himself as he made his way into golf history. Then choose from a wide selection of foods grilled only with locally-cured oak that creates our signature, unique flavor. Start with Sam’s appetizers; make your selection from Certified Angus Beef ® brand products, the freshest local seafood, chicken or fall-off-the-bone ribs smoked in-house. Complement all of this with a fine wine, a Slammin’ Sam lager or your favorite cocktail. For the lighter appetite, there’s a wide salad and sandwich selection to be enjoyed at Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern. Be sure to top your meal with one of our homemade desserts.
Conway, SC
“Party for 16. Top notch food and service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband recently hosted a party for me celebrating me becoming a US Citizen. We invited a total of 16 people for cocktails, appetizers and dinner of the guests choosing.

The service was top notch and quick. Drinks were replenished timely. The appetizers we ordered was the beef flat-bread that everybody raved about. (I don’t think it is on the menu, but I’m sure you can request it). We also had bruschetta. No complaints there.

Drinks were flowing all night in moderation no drunks aloud in my group. Dinner service was spot on. Everybody ordered whatever they wanted. They loved browsing through the menu. Most in my party chose the “Par Three” which included soup or salad, choice of five different entrees and a choice of home made desserts. Also came with endless bread and butter.

I must give kudos to Erin our server who did a prenominal job. I am also sure you have gained some new clients because of this. Everybody had a wonderful time. Thanks Scott for setting this up for us.

Greenwood, Indiana
“Forget the Shark, Try the Slammer!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Saw that this restaurant had reopened in the Myrtle Beach area and wanted to give it a try after some disappointing trips to other area steakhouses. Great decision! Wonderful menu, perfect presentation and amazing food! Service was absolutely the best, ate in the bar and Phil the bartender made the evening for my wife and I. Make sure you allow enough time to check out the incredible collection of Sam Snead's memorabilia. It's a treat for any golf fan!

Bob J
Greenwood IN

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Service & Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were looking for a new doctor and decided to stop for lunch on the way home. Our waiter, Sean, was excellent and gave us good advice on specials and soups. The menu had something for everyone. We ordered off of the lunch menu so I don't know anything about the dinner menu. My husband ordered the French Onion Soup and was terriffic. I had the Claim Chowder. It came in a large bowl and was a meal in itself. If you live there it is great. I would say the only negative is the Hwy. 501 carridor is a nightmare and we were there in "off" season!... It is located near a traffic signal but be prepared to wait to return home. It was cozy and comfortable.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Sam Does it Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Arrived early for lunch. Enjoyed a crabcake sandwich and a mahi mahi special. Food was very tasty with a nice atmosphere and server. Will definitely go back again.

• Visited December 2013
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Surpringly good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stopped in for a Sunday noon meal. We were given a sandwich menu, although we expected to be eating our main meal at noon. After a brief talk with our waiter, we were presented with their "dinner" menus. The were very accommodating and the food was quite good. The dining area was a little too dark for my taste. The walls were dark oak with leather trim. Looked like a typical golf country club setting (duh...Sam Snead's).

The meals were tasty, fresh and reasonably priced. Nice house wines.

I would definitely dine here again.

Visited November 2013