“Umm Umm Umm”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 501 & Carolina Forest Blvd near the Tanger Outlet
Description: If you live and breathe the game of golf, you’re bound to hunger for more than a few birdies. At Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern, you can feast on your passion for the game, as well as great food. Come in and roam from room to room, savoring the rich wood décor and all the memorabilia collected by Sam himself as he made his way into golf history. Then choose from a wide selection of foods grilled only with locally-cured oak that creates our signature, unique flavor. Start with Sam’s appetizers; make your selection from Certified Angus Beef ® brand products, the freshest local seafood, chicken or fall-off-the-bone ribs smoked in-house. Complement all of this with a fine wine, a Slammin’ Sam lager or your favorite cocktail. For the lighter appetite, there’s a wide salad and sandwich selection to be enjoyed at Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern. Be sure to top your meal with one of our homemade desserts.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

First visit to the new Sam Snead's in Myrtle beach. I loved the golf memorabilia, but I'm a golfer. My wife's filet was the best she'd ever eaten. My salmon was buttery and great. Our server Sheila checked on us, but was not bothersome.
We'll be back for lunch in the near future and I'll make sure my golfing buddies stop by for a cold one after golf.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is truly an amazing restaurant experience in every way. Very good location on Rt 501 in the Carolina Forest area. Walking in, you feel the ambiance of an upscale restaurant with a focus on a true legend of the game of golf. The entire staff was exceptionally well trained, and our server, Sheila, was wonderful. We were fortunate to arrive just before 6 pm when their early bird specials menu was about to end. This was an added plus, because restaurants of this nature don't usually have EBS. For $19.99 there were six different meals which all included an appetizer, entree, and dessert. I started with a very good bowl of French Onion soup, followed by sirloin steak and red skin mashed potatoes, and ended with a rather good sized slice of Key Lime pie. My wife had the same appetizer and dessert, and her entree was the half rack of baby back ribs (9 ribs). Our server recommended the steak to be butter-flied because it was a fillet style cut, and I wanted it to be done medium well. Had we arrived 15 minutes later, the price of each meal would have been about $8 more. If you are looking for fine dining in this area of Horry county, look no further. I highly recommend this restaurant, and in particular,, Sheila, for a server. I can't wait to return for another round!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was the best prime rib I've ever had, my husband had the Club Sandwich, which he said was delicious with really good bread. From my husband that is a 5*****. This was a lunch, but the service was wonderful and the atmosphere is very relaxing and quiet. This was a weekend trip for us, I'm going to miss this place.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went to Sam Sneads today. Used coupon in newspaper. The menu has many choices. We were delighted with the service and the food. The decor is very interesting. We will return soon. The waiter was very attentive. You will enjoy this restaurant! G&J

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stopped in because we had a coupon and we noticed that had a great happy hour menu from 3 to 6pm for entrees. It is a 3 course meal for 19 dollars. They had great options and we got three different ones and they were all great. The waitress was wonderful her name is Sheila. She was friendly and funny. She made our first experience a good one.