“Such a shame”
Review of Explore Asain Bistro - CLOSED

Explore Asain Bistro
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Haven't been here since the change in ownership. Obviously, there will be another change soon. Started out ordering the "traditional" sake. Came in a wine glass looking like milk. Tried it and couldn't drink it. At $7 they offered us a beer as a "free" replacement. So, a lite beer cost us $7 each. Ok, lesson learned. Then went for the lobster and filet. The soup was like colored water, really no flavor at all. Salad was exceptional, their ginger house dressing was excellent. Lobster didn't taste like lobster, or anything else, just a texture. Filet was ok, tender with sinew very much present. Noodles and rice were also very good. There is such an opportunity to make this restaurant something to bring in, not only us locals but our visiting guests as well.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This is the third restaurant incarnation for this building. While the interior is really very nice, they just can't compete with the chains (Outback, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday) very close by. It just isn't better and with chain familiarity, people go where they are comfortable. We sat at one of the Hibachi tables as a group of seven. Our server, George, was gracious, but slow given the emptiness of the restaurant. My bride and I shared a Filet and Lobster Hibachi. Given the size of the serving, that was a good move. The noodles, rice and vegetables were good. The steak was passable, but the lobster tasted funny; not spoiled, just funny. We ordered "pearl" sake. What a mistake. Our server never warned us that this is a sake and cream drink. Absolutely, positively horrid. We couldn't drink more than a sip. We sent it back and the manager in his/her infinite wisdom, gave us "free" beer to replace the sake, but still charged us resulting in two beers at nearly double the price. Nobody warned us. You don't run a restaurant like that, especially when you are serving locals. This place is mediocore at best. On second thought, ignore my title. Don't rush to go here. Just pass.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a very large selection of different asian dishes to choose from. We shared the pancake duck roll and mango tango roll, both of which were quite delicious. I had the four seasons which consists of beef, shrimp, chicken and scallops sauteed with mixed vegetables in brown sauce. It was also delicious but my only issue was the different temperature of some of the dish's ingredients. My wife enjoyed her
sesame tuna and my son liked his green curry beef. Prices may be a little on the high side but this restaurant has the potential for an excellent rating even though I rated it as very good at this time.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I eat out frequently and I was excited to try the extensive menu. Unfortunately, we never got to sample the soup or salad that the server forgot, the drink I ordered was unavailable and the food was less than average for the price. The hibachi consisted of noodles, rice and I had the chicken that was dry and tasteless. The vegetables were great. What really bothered me was the service. When we arrived the place was empty but the young child that came in after us was seated in the booth next to us and proceeded to kick the back of our seat throughout the meal. Our server was awful. He asked what we wanted to drink before we could open the menu, suggested a coffee and cream based martini drink that would be great after dinner and when I ordered a plum flavored drink I was told that they didn't have the ingredients to make that drink(the plum ingredient excluded my other two choices). I ordered something else that tasted like soda and was not happy. The meals came out while we were still eating the coconut shrimp which was very crisp and delicious, and the spicy tuna roll that had no taste. After we were served the hibachi main course we notified the waiter that we never got soup or salad and he was unapologetic and took five dollars off our meal. I felt like I had half a dinner. We would have stayed for drinks or desert but it was never offered. Now I know why the place was empty. We will never go back unless we want to pay high prices for take out quality. I'm still waiting for a good Asian restaurant to open without driving to the beach. The waiter also for got the promised take out box for leftovers which I would have given to the dog anyway.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very nice decor through out. Had the Teriyaki Salmon Bento Box. Not bad, not great. Salmon was overcooked and the 1/2 california roll that came with it had no flavor at all. I had a taste of the Thai red curry and will order that next time.
Oh! Nearly forgot to add, that I was impressed that tableware setting included a real salad fork. I like that.

Very dark inside and they do not take American Express.