“Just as good as last year!”

SoBaya Japanese Bistro
Ranked #132 of 906 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

On a return trip to Myrtle Beach, my husband and I went back to SoBaya for lunch and were so pleased that it was all that we expected. We both had the yakisoba with seafood, and were very pleased. The vegetables were perfectly cooked, and there was an abundance of seafood of various types, also cooked to perfection. Steamy hot on a winter's day and delicious. The intimacy of the bistro is enhanced by the friendliness and attentiveness of the waitress/hostess. We watched her patiently describe various dishes to new diners, who also seemed to be pleased with their meal. it's a great buy and interesting change from the usual beach seafood. Worth finding it off a little street of buildings that look like townhouses.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I love this place! Consistently delicious food that is fresh and tasty! Myrtle Beach has tons of average restaurants but very few I could eat at weekly-- this is an exception for sure.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I eat here every chance we get. The food is always perfect, fast, and so flavorful. We've tried at least fifteen different dishes, all wonderful.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

this place was wonderful. I had read the reviews and I was really looking forward to it and I'm so glad to say I wasn't even slightly disappointed! the service was great and the food was amazing. my family and I all ate our entire plates of food and left feeling full and happy! if you're close, go here! it's awesome! thanks sobaya!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

As other reviewers have said, this is a local favorite. I almost don't want to post this review to help it stay hidden! My boyfriend and I eat here at least once a week. We even tend to see the same customers when we go. Everything on the menu is delicious. Trust me, we've tried nearly everything on it! I especially love the chicken soup, the spicy tuna summer roll, and the salmon (I'm probably giving myself away here if the owner's read this).

It's authentic, prices are very affordable, service is warm and friendly. What's not to love? Truly my favorite restaurant!!