“Absolute Favorite Restaurant”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

As other reviewers have said, this is a local favorite. I almost don't want to post this review to help it stay hidden! My boyfriend and I eat here at least once a week. We even tend to see the same customers when we go. Everything on the menu is delicious. Trust me, we've tried nearly everything on it! I especially love the chicken soup, the spicy tuna summer roll, and the salmon (I'm probably giving myself away here if the owner's read this).

It's authentic, prices are very affordable, service is warm and friendly. What's not to love? Truly my favorite restaurant!!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Although not very visible, this place has quickly become a locals' favorite. Lunch can be crowded, so come early. Ginger dressing on salads is very tasty. Great service, very welcoming atmosphere. Not a franchise, but good local people and great food.

2  Thank Allen J
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a 5 star restaurant with 3 star prices. This was the best Japanese dinner I think I have ever had! It is a small restaurant with about 8 tables inside and the same ouside. Small and comfortable. It is only a year old we found out. My husband and I went with two other couples we were vacationing with and we were treated to a meal that was fresh, fantastic, full of flavor and the service was amazing. You felt like you were in their home and were special guest. We had everything from sushi to duck to octopus. Everything was prepared fresh and was just amazing. They had a nice wine selection and saki and beer. I would recommend this resturant to anyone who lives here or is vacationing. I see it becoming one you wait outside for hours just to eat here.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Excellent food and service. Very, very nice people. Enjoy. What an enjoyable evening. Very small restaurant. Go early to be seated quickly. You may dine outside also.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food at Sobaya was amazing! We had the miso soup, a steak bento box, yokisoba noodles, and the pork katsu. It was all delicious and very authentic! If you are looking for a place that is true japanese food, not americanized, then this is the place for you! We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Carolinagirl1980