“Strange experience, good food”

Coastal Wine Boutique and Lounge
Ranked #295 of 870 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Racine, Wisconsin
“Strange experience, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I went expecting to get a wine tasting, but for some reason it wasn't available... ? I'm still not sure about that part. Anyway, there were no other patrons at the time, and the serer was the guy (I think manager). I ordered a glass of wine and a sampler platter of Mediterranean food. Both were delicious and the space was very cool.

I say the experience was strange as the guy's personality was a bit weird; he is nice enough, but his conversation skills are a bit strange. There were also a fair amount of fruit flies inside, so I took my goodies outside to sit on their large and comfy patio. The food was extremely tasty, the wine selection good and overall I was pleased. Had I been with company of my own, probably would have felt differently but I was glad I stopped there.

• Visited June 2013

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Great wine,nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a review of Coastal Wine Boutique on 21st Avenue North in Myrtle Beach (same owners as the one in Market Common). We attended a private party there which included an optional wine tasting with tapas. The atmosphere is cozy with numerous conversation groupings and low tables. The bar was ringed with bar stools. Haik is one of the owners and he attended to us for the wine tasting. He was very knowledgeable about the wines, which were sustainably grow, which could be purchased at area stores, etc. He was willing to answer all of our questions. The tapas of hummus, cheese and two different kinds of breads was delicious. After the wine tasting, we ordered glasses of one of the wines we had tasted (generous pours) as wells two appetizers. I had the Brie appetizer which was delicious. The only very minor complaint was that the apples that accompanied the plate were starting to brown. We also tried the spinach artichoke dip accompanied by flatbread. The dip was delicious. The flat bread was so soft that it made it difficult to scoop up the dip.

If you like good wines (they also have a full bar and beer), a nice but not stuffy atmosphere and congenial owners, definately make this a stop when you are In the area.

Visited August 2013
Jonesboro, Indiana, United States
“wine/cocktail/hookah bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

liked the atmosphere-classy but not stuffy- outdoor area to enjoy your drinks-large variety of wines, cocktails and specialty drinks. the bartender makes a special flare drink which I have never seen anywhere else.

Visited July 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“great family-run boutique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Truely passionate about his wines! Haik is super knowledgeable and will gladly spend an evening spreading the joy. The boutique is cozy, great for both a romantic outing or for meeting some new characters who happen to wander in. The wine slushies are awesome and a fun alternative, but possibly seasonal (??) Also fun to look at all the specialty/ornamental wine bottles - animals, shoes, people, etc.

• Visited October 2012
Spanish Fort
“Romantic stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This little place was a pleasant surprise. We just stopped in to enjoy the $7.00 wine tasting, but what we found was a relaxing romantic setting with a very well educated wine connoisseur that took us on a tour around the world in a glass. It was definitely $7 very well spent. Along with the wine they serve some great tapias, cheeses, and Mediterranean platter. I truely wish I had a place like this in my hometown.

Visited March 2013