“Excellent customer service!”
Review of Cinemark

Cinemark
Ranked #13 of 55 Fun & Games in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Last night, I went to see Elysium with my boyfriend at the Cinemark at Coastal Grand. During a pretty important part of the movie, the screen cut off. There was sound but no picture. I saw quite a few people get up to report the malfunction. About 2 or 3 minutes later the screen came back on, they went back to the beginning of that scene and we continued the movie. The movie ended and as we exited the theater, a couple of workers passed out rain checks for another movie pass at any Cinemark! I was SO impressed at how quickly they fixed the movie and for the free movie pass! Great job Cinemark! I am definitely returning and telling my friends!

Sidenote: While purchasing my ticket, the cashier asked if I was a student so that I could receive the student's discount. I showed her my student ID and received a dollar off my ticket! I have never had anyone actually ask me!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

You have a number of options when it comes to theaters in Myrtle Beach and CineMark 14 is a great one to select. The location is actually part of the shopping mall so it's convenient to browsing the mall before and/or afterwards. The theater is very clean and well kept with great equipment producing quality sound and video during the couple films I've seen here. Food like anywhere is a little high but that's expected of any theater today and where they make a large amount of operating profit. Seats are extremely comfortable and seem to almost recline much like on an airplane...very nice.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Tonight was my first visit to Cinemark at Coastal Grand. My partner and I went to see Django Unleashed (awesome by the way), and were sticking with this theater when we visit Myrtle Beach in the future. Cinemark is nicer than Carmike in appearance, cleanliness, concessions, location (have fun finding a parking place at Broadway in the high season), staff, and management. That last one is a big one considering I've witnessed one of the managers (an older white woman) at Carmike distastefully belittle the staff in front of a crowd of people. We all know what it was like to work for that crappy manager at a minimum wage job growing up and it disgusts me when I see a supervisor in a position of power belittle someone openly for the public to see for not having a perfect ponytail...Anyway, the Cinemark is the place to go. During the winter season they have longer hours which is great if you are looking for a late night movie.