“Family Beach Break”

Golden Corral
Ranked #614 of 936 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: International
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Loved the fact that they were not super crowded!!!! The bars stayed stocked abnd the waitress was very friendly and attentive but not too much, just right. Thanks for a job well done.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

For the first few years after this restaurant opened it was actually very good: food was hot and not overcooked or stale and there was always someone at the salad bar chopping and resetting the food, the breakfasts and the service were good then too and actually surpassed the Ryan's buffet chain food and price wise. But things changed in the past few years, especially after their second remodel, everything went downhill. Upon my last visit I no longer recognized any of the waitresses or the manager and none of the chefs or prep cooks spoke any English and the dessert bar was always a mess and there was no one to ask to replenish what you wanted or to scoop the hand=dipped ice cream. They just looked at you with a stupid expression and seldom understood. Sometimes i think they didnt refill the ice cream because they didn't want to bother. The food began to taste stale and cold and was often overcooked and the chicken tenders were all breading. The pot roast which used to be stellar was also not as good. This location is also a hot spot for tour bus's and large groups so forget getting anything you want if a large group is there because they do not refresh the bars fast enough. The service went down too and our waiter never came back to refill our drinks or talk to us like they used to. I also did not feel as safe as I used to because a lot of the customers were not beach goers and neighbors like in the past but seemed to have changed to riff raff from the bad area in town whom i really didn't feel comfortable being around. The bathrooms were also dirty and there were no paper towels just a loud hand dryer. And to top it all off their prices went up even for early bird so my family vowed to never visit here again. Their commercials are tempting but I would have a hard time convincing anyone to go because we dont want to get burned again. Don't waste your money here.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

same as ever!! Good! Good salads and food!! had group of 15 and especially the children loved this restaurant!! Enough parking! It wasn't a big restaurant. People that worked there were really nice.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

For Valentines Day, my husband & I went to lunch at Golden Corral. We wanted the $3.99 lobster being advertised constantly on our TV. When we checked in, first we had to get a drink, THEN pay for the food. I asked for the lobster & was told "It's only available after 4PM". It doesn't say that on TV. We already had the drinks in hand & were hungry, so we paid & found a seat.

The food was so disappointing. The only thing either of us liked was the vegetable cheese medley. EVERYTHING else was dried out or tasteless.

The place was clean, but that's the only good thing I can say about it. I'll never go back. Thanks for a lousy meal for Valentines Day GC.

Next time I'll go to Ryan's, which has a much larger selection & delicious food, with steaks made to order.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was a little weary of Golden Corral after some other reviews but it was fine, a typical Golden Corral. Wait Staff was fine, no smell in the carpet and the food was your standard GC. I don't frequent GC often but would definitely come back to this one.