“Wife's First Time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mel Sole Golf School

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Grande Dunes Resort Course, recently voted "Top 10 You Can Play" & "National Golf Course of the Year". 3 day schools, 1 and 2 day programs , private lessons and 2 hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs available.Computerized video analysis and personal lesson/drills via email. A GOLF Magazine 'Top 25 USA Golf School' since 1991.
Midhurst, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wife's First Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We are staying in Myrtle Beach this week and my wife decided she finally wanted to bite the bullet and be introduced to golf - valuing our friendship and my marriage, I declined to give her that first lesson, never mind my lack of experience. The folks at the resort we are staying at referred us to Rosemary at this school. Over the phone yesterday she was very helpful and laid out a number of options for my wife. We settled on a 1 hour "intro" lesson, figuring if for whatever reason she hated it or it didn’t work out, it wasn’t a major time/monetary investment!

Arrived this afternoon and we were met by David Olberding at their facility. David was very pleasant and professional and after a few minutes, my wife was in the tee box and hitting a 7 iron often straighter than I do. Then with the aid of video and software, he showed her in "Plain English" what she was doing and what she needed to focus on doing. She left the lesson feeling totally pumped and enthusiastic about the journey she was just starting… we know the frustration will come later, lol! For me that was the objective (other than avoiding divorce!) - that she would get a professional intro to the game, get a club in her hand and see that she could actually hit a nice, straight golf ball. In short, I would highly recommend this school and David in particular.

I can't thank David enough for today... it was an hour that I hope leads to years of great fun for my wife and me playing together.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Philip B

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Golf School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We LOVED this school - we will definately go again next year- had an outstanding instructor, He identified our issues and corrected them easily, gave us so many useful techniques. We would recommend this school without reservation.

Visited March 2014
Philadelphia
“David is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

David was awesome! He is very patient and attentive. He fixed in 3 days faults I've been working on for years. Highly recommend for adult and youth teaching.

Visited March 2014
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Mel Sole Golf School - Mrytle Beach SC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I attended two clinics and had two private lessons with David Olberding at the Mel Sole Golf School in Myrtle Beach. Dave is the consummate instructor and quickly identified the major flaws in my swing. He gave me a few practices drill and exercises. In and few short weeks my once horrific slice became a very manageable fade and my drives were 15-20 yards longer. In a few short months, my handicap shrunk from a 19+ to 13. Golf is fun again, Next step - a lesson on middle and short irons and I see myself in the single digits in the not too distant future.

I would highly recommend the Mel Sole Golf School in Myrtle Beach with NO reservations at all.

Visited July 2013
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Great Golf Instruction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I attended two separate one day golf schools with David Olberding at the Grande Dunes (Myrtle Beach) facility and it has made a tremendous improvement in my game. We worked on full swing and chipping. For full swing, he has a very simple back swing method that anyone can understand. He gave me a couple of drills and showed me how to ensure I was on plane with my back swing and down swing. Plus the video review was excellent and gives me a good reference when I need it.

His chipping method is very simple and effective. My chipping has improved greatly. My worst chips aren't that bad anymore. He's knocked an easy six strokes off of my score. One caveat: it is on you to follow up and do the drills and keep working at it.

Visited September 2013