“Incredible instructor with great knowledge of the game.”

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Grande Dunes Resort Course, recently voted "Top 10 You Can Play" & "National Golf Course of the Year". 3 day schools, 1 and 2 day programs , private lessons and 2 hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs available.Computerized video analysis and personal lesson/drills via email. A GOLF Magazine 'Top 25 USA Golf School' since 1991.
Duluth, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible instructor with great knowledge of the game.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We knew David from Atlanta Ga because he was the one who taught my then 7-year old daughter her swing and he helped to develop one of the best swings you'll see in anyone much less a child. David moved to Myrtle Beach and we were left struggling to find an instructor to replace him. We stopped by to get lessons from him on the way to the USKids World Championships in Pinehurst and it was the best choice we made. Sara was struggling with her swing at the time and David helped her to regain her mechanics and confidence and his instruction was one of the pivotal reasons for her 2nd place finish in the World Championships (we were merely hoping for a top five finish). He is truly a class act, we have been through 7 instructors since he left Atlanta because we cannot find anyone like him. You cannot find anyone who cares as much as he does and knows as much as he does about improving your golf swing.

Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Dave and the Mel Sole teaching approach are amazing!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Dave was excellent, I learned a ton. I'm a beginner, and now feel like I could go out on the course and not be an embarrassment - actually hit some good shots! I've still got a ways to go, but Dave brought me very, very far - much farther than I thought possible over the days I was with him. He was spot on in terms of how to instruct me, and what to instruct me to do. Also, the front-office staff was very helpful, too, when I did the booking. They worked with my schedule (e.g., needed one lesson to be in the afternoon because of flight arrival time), and gave me a reasonable price, too. Anway, I would add that Dave was such a nice guy that my brother and I (also a beginner trying to learn how to play) enjoyed chatting with him a lot and went to lunch with him. It's great that he and the school are able to use the video and other equipment to teach beginners / near beginners as well as people who have been playing a long time.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Value and Service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I purchased the one day school for my husband as a gift. He spoke very highly of the instructor and was very pleased with the instruction that he received. We highly recommend them!

Visited June 2013
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great way to learn the game”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Took advantage of the free juniors lesson with a paid adult. My son and I had a great time and learned alot. I highly recommend this school

Visited May 2013
Woodhaven, Michigan
“Great Golf School”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Mel Sole makes the golf learning Experience fun and at the same time an opportunity to improve your game. His techniques are specialized to each individual. I cannot wait to to attend the golf school again. It is very affordable and Pawley's Island is a great golf course to play.

Visited July 2012