“Met every expectation”

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Grande Dunes Resort Course, recently voted "Top 10 You Can Play" & "National Golf Course of the Year". 3 day schools, 1 and 2 day programs , private lessons and 2 hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs available.Computerized video analysis and personal lesson/drills via email. A GOLF Magazine 'Top 25 USA Golf School' since 1991.
Toledo, Ohio
“Met every expectation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My goal in attending the 3 day school was to be schooled on the fundmentals of the game, focusing on grip and stroke. David Olberding met my every expectation. His knowledge of the game showed tremendously, and he was very analytical in what issues I had, and resolving them. It was a very pleasant experience, and I give my highest recommendation.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“May 2013 Update - School was September 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I felt compelled to update my review that I wrote Oct 2012 and was in Golf School the last week of September 2012. Everytime I address a ball I think of what I was told at Ritson-Sole Golf School and my stance as to ball placement and club placement. Actually played yesterday at Tanglewood which is one of the top 100 public courses in America. I played from the white tees and I am a Senior. I was on 9 greens in two shots yesterday putting for Birdie. That is how my game has improved since attending Ritson-Sole Golf School. It has made a huge difference in my game. Everyone wants me to teach them free what I learned in three days at the Golf School. It can't be done! Actual hands on at the School by the instructor David Olberding is the only way to learn and it stays with you for a lifetime....Adrian in Winston Salem, NC

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Adrian1953
Gainesville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceeded expectation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I just completed the 3-day golf school. I've been playing golf intermittently for more than 30 years. I've had lessons from a number of different instructors and from my perspective my game did not improve.

My Ritson/Sole instructor was James Arbogast. He was not only knowledgable but also incredibly customer focused. He engrained in me the Mel Sole/Phil Ritson mechanics of a good golf swing. I was skeptical at first regarding the change he wanted in my swing, but by the end of the 3-day he had convinced me on not only the swing mechanics, but also all of the great tips on all aspects of my game. As Arnold would say, I'll be back....

1 Thank NVADuffer
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great Golf Learning Experience at any Level of Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Dave Olberding was a great Golf Instructor; his years of experience and in unending patience, encouragement and teaching ability to improve golf skills --priceless! I can't wait to go back!

Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
“Dave Olberding--outstanding golf instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Recently we had a one day lesson with Dave Olberding at Grand Dunes. He is an outstanding, knowledgable teacher, helping us feel comfortable from the moment we arrived. After analyzing our swings, he made concrete suggestions, led us in useful drills, but did not overwhelm us with too much information. His positive reinforcement of good strokes helped cement in our minds the technique we want to achieve. In the days following the lesson, I still heard his voice in my head (such as look for the "evidence") as I practiced improving my technique. We both hight recommend Dave as an instructor. One suggestion--wear light colored clothing because the dark sweaters we wore did not show our arms well for the video taping.

Visited March 2013