“Great Golf Learning Experience at any Level of Experience”
Review of Mel Sole Golf School - CLOSED

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Grande Dunes Resort Course, recently voted "Top 10 You Can Play" & "National Golf Course of the Year". 3 day schools, 1 and 2 day programs , private lessons and 2 hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs available.Computerized video analysis and personal lesson/drills via email. A GOLF Magazine 'Top 25 USA Golf School' since 1991.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Dave Olberding was a great Golf Instructor; his years of experience and in unending patience, encouragement and teaching ability to improve golf skills --priceless! I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Recently we had a one day lesson with Dave Olberding at Grand Dunes. He is an outstanding, knowledgable teacher, helping us feel comfortable from the moment we arrived. After analyzing our swings, he made concrete suggestions, led us in useful drills, but did not overwhelm us with too much information. His positive reinforcement of good strokes helped cement in our minds the technique we want to achieve. In the days following the lesson, I still heard his voice in my head (such as look for the "evidence") as I practiced improving my technique. We both hight recommend Dave as an instructor. One suggestion--wear light colored clothing because the dark sweaters we wore did not show our arms well for the video taping.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I attended a 3-day class with David Olberding. She is a beginner, and I've been playing with my score around 100. I can't express how much we enjoyed the class. Learning together, David was able to spend time with both of us, customizing his comments to our flaws and what he wanted us to work on. The video feedback was awesome, and the habits of practice routine and drilling will pay dividends to both of us as we go forward. We had a sensational time and the trip was well worth it. My suggestion to anyone thinking of working with David: do it, you won't regret it.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just completed the 3 day golf school. I am a beginner player, having played 9 holes about 6 or 7 times, and having very little practice. Although I had had lessons from a pro twice in the last 6 months, my experience with Mel Sole as my teacher was completely different. Mel is an excellant teacher (and all of his pros teach with his style), both on the range and in the classroom time. I left the school with a grounded understanding of technique, coupled with several good training exercises to improve my various strokes, which in turn will eventually improve my game. My husband, who has been playing for several years also attended the school, and in three days his swing had improved considerably, plus he had a better understanding of his short game. I have every intention of returning in a year, and I would recommend Ritson-Sole to any person wanting to improve their game, or even learn to play as I am doing.

1  Thank AzaleaWarne_NC
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I recently spend time attending a 3 day golf school at Grand Dunes in beautiful Myrtle Beach. Our instructor David Olberding was friendly and very knowledgable. The individual instruction combined with the video feedback was extremely helpful in identifying the areas we were having trouble in and what we needed to do to improve our swing. I would certainly recommend this school to anyone interested in improving their game.

1  Thank Beverley S