“Great for any level of player”

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Grande Dunes Resort Course, recently voted "Top 10 You Can Play" & "National Golf Course of the Year". 3 day schools, 1 and 2 day programs , private lessons and 2 hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs available.Computerized video analysis and personal lesson/drills via email. A GOLF Magazine 'Top 25 USA Golf School' since 1991.
Warne, NC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great for any level of player”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just completed the 3 day golf school. I am a beginner player, having played 9 holes about 6 or 7 times, and having very little practice. Although I had had lessons from a pro twice in the last 6 months, my experience with Mel Sole as my teacher was completely different. Mel is an excellant teacher (and all of his pros teach with his style), both on the range and in the classroom time. I left the school with a grounded understanding of technique, coupled with several good training exercises to improve my various strokes, which in turn will eventually improve my game. My husband, who has been playing for several years also attended the school, and in three days his swing had improved considerably, plus he had a better understanding of his short game. I have every intention of returning in a year, and I would recommend Ritson-Sole to any person wanting to improve their game, or even learn to play as I am doing.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank AzaleaWarne_NC

Gander, Newfoundland, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Golf school at Grand Dunes”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I recently spend time attending a 3 day golf school at Grand Dunes in beautiful Myrtle Beach. Our instructor David Olberding was friendly and very knowledgable. The individual instruction combined with the video feedback was extremely helpful in identifying the areas we were having trouble in and what we needed to do to improve our swing. I would certainly recommend this school to anyone interested in improving their game.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Beverley S
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“David Olberding is the best”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I spent Columbus Day weekend at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach. It was there that I learned about David Olberding and the Ritson-Sole golf school at the Grand Dunes Resort Course that backs up to the inn. I was lucky enough to schedule two one hour lessons with David - one pitching and one chipping. All I can say is wow ! David is direct, candid and gets right to the problem. He is very hands on and makes sure you understand exactly what he is teaching and why. What impressed me most was his patience. Overall, I had two of my best lessons ever. Just wish I had started with him ten years ago. I will definetely be back. Well worth the money.

Visited October 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“September 2012 Three Day Golf School”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Best place to start is 12 years ago when I took up golf. Was sure I could do it on my own! After 12 years I decided it was time to take my first lesson. Did my research online and determined Ritson-Sole Golf School at Myrtle Beach was for me. They have been in the business for years, had very positive comments about it on the internet and they were within my budget. Best-Best choice I have every made pertaining to Golf. David Olberding, a Class A PGA Instructor has been doing this for 25 years, outstanding instructor to say the least. At the end of the 3rd day, I was hitting my irons straight, further and with great accuracy. It actually made golf easy for me. When you set up properly and swing, everything else happens naturally and you end up with an outstanding shot. I already have plans on the drawing board to follow up a year from now with another Ritson-Sole Golf School.
Adrian, Winston-Salem, NC

Visited September 2012
Potomac, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“David Oblerding is the golf pro for you!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I are rank beginners unless you count the experience of miniature golf! David was patient with both of us, instructed us at a nice pace with encouragement each step of the way, and video taped us near the end of our time. My husband hit his first ball in the air right off the tee with total success based on David's instruction. Although I did not have the same luck at the beginning, by the end of the lesson I was hitting many balls into the air at least 40-60 yards which I thought was not too bad. Thank you David for making our time with you a great experience at the Grande Dunes Course of Myrtle Beach. Golf is work!

Visited August 2012