“David Olberding is the best”

Mel Sole Golf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Grande Dunes Resort Course, recently voted "Top 10 You Can Play" & "National Golf Course of the Year". 3 day schools, 1 and 2 day programs , private lessons and 2 hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs available.Computerized video analysis and personal lesson/drills via email. A GOLF Magazine 'Top 25 USA Golf School' since 1991.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I spent Columbus Day weekend at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach. It was there that I learned about David Olberding and the Ritson-Sole golf school at the Grand Dunes Resort Course that backs up to the inn. I was lucky enough to schedule two one hour lessons with David - one pitching and one chipping. All I can say is wow ! David is direct, candid and gets right to the problem. He is very hands on and makes sure you understand exactly what he is teaching and why. What impressed me most was his patience. Overall, I had two of my best lessons ever. Just wish I had started with him ten years ago. I will definetely be back. Well worth the money.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Best place to start is 12 years ago when I took up golf. Was sure I could do it on my own! After 12 years I decided it was time to take my first lesson. Did my research online and determined Ritson-Sole Golf School at Myrtle Beach was for me. They have been in the business for years, had very positive comments about it on the internet and they were within my budget. Best-Best choice I have every made pertaining to Golf. David Olberding, a Class A PGA Instructor has been doing this for 25 years, outstanding instructor to say the least. At the end of the 3rd day, I was hitting my irons straight, further and with great accuracy. It actually made golf easy for me. When you set up properly and swing, everything else happens naturally and you end up with an outstanding shot. I already have plans on the drawing board to follow up a year from now with another Ritson-Sole Golf School.
Adrian, Winston-Salem, NC

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I are rank beginners unless you count the experience of miniature golf! David was patient with both of us, instructed us at a nice pace with encouragement each step of the way, and video taped us near the end of our time. My husband hit his first ball in the air right off the tee with total success based on David's instruction. Although I did not have the same luck at the beginning, by the end of the lesson I was hitting many balls into the air at least 40-60 yards which I thought was not too bad. Thank you David for making our time with you a great experience at the Grande Dunes Course of Myrtle Beach. Golf is work!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I know folks who have gone for lessons here and improved their game tenfold. These are the experts. Nice and patient instructors.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

While staying at the Marriott Ocean Watch resort with my family, my husband, brother, and I decided to take a private golf lesson for kicks. All of us beginners, we had no idea what to expect or how to play. Our instructor, David Oblerding, was the best instructor of any "extra-curricular" lesson I have ever had - and I've taken private tennis, swimming, and diving lessons. Within two hours, he taught us the essentials of body and club positioning. His instructions were clear and easy to grasp. He really took the time to course-correct us individually, so that we could each perform to our personal best. His style is attentive without being overbearing. I walked in knowing we would have fun but with no other expectations; I walked away excited to continue practicing my swing and hoping to play more golf when we got home. I would recommend this class with David to anyone!

1  Thank Corina L