“Loved the Seafood!”

Brother Shuckers
Ranked #73 of 898 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brother Shuckers Fish House offers something for everyone.. Children's meals, great traditional and regional Seafood Dishes featuring award winning Maryland Crab Cakes, Best of the county's Rack of Ribs, fantastic sandwiches including our in house made Burgers... Fantastic Happy Hour Specials, great entertainment on Wednesday and Thursday nights. Come see what the buzz is all about... Open 6 days, closed Sundays... Lunch is served from 11:30 daily with a $8 special everyday. Dinner menu begins at 4:00pm... Just one nibble and you'll be hooked..
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband was in the mood for some good seafood, so we decided to try out Brother Shuckers. We read about it on some of local hand-outs we had picked up at the visitor's center in Myrtle Beach.

Once there, we found it to be different from what we had expected. We had thought to find a typical seafood restaurant, with perhaps picnic tables, and buckets for shells. Instead we found a much more dignified restaurant........but not at all stuffy. We had dressed casually, but were greeted as though we were honored guests. Our server, Greg, did a wonderful job of making us feel right at home, and made recommendations at our request.

We both had seafood. I had the Shrimp Scampi Florentine, and my husband had fish, shrimp, and calamari. (He had enough to bring some back for lunch the next day!)

All in all, this was a great experience, nice restaurant, good food, and wonderful friendly service with attention to detail.

Try it; you'll like it!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We are "snow-birding" in Myrtle Beach and got a great dealsaver coupon for this restaurant. Gave it a try Saturday, was very impressed. Greeted warmly at the door (with no reservation, but it was before 5 on a Saturday). Our waitress was so enthusiastic and very helpful with selections. My husband had the stuffed tilapia, it was excellent, I had the mussels with pasta--mussels were excellent (sauce the pasta was in was kind of watery--it was the wine garlic sauce, next time would try the marinara). App was great--spring rolls-draft beer was very fairly priced. They added lobster bisque to the menu that night--it was excellent with a little different flavor--caribbean--very yummy ! Since the desserts didn't interest me, I opted for a German Chocolate Martini--my goodness it was wonderful--this also a waitress suggestion. All in all a great experience !!
They also had an entertainer performing--very pleasant.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have gone to this restaurant about four times and have NEVER been disappointed. The food is always tasty and creative.
On Tuesdays they service their specialty, Cajon Stroganoff with fresh Andouille sausage from LA. The owner's wife makes all the desserts.
Also, a fantastic bar. This is our new go to place.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went here with my wife during this weeks ice storm in Myrtle Beach. The food was awesome and service was incredible. I had a burger, my wife had the fish sandwich and we also had oysters and fried calamari, all of items were fresh and tasty! Our waitress (from Toronto) was great and we really enjoyed our dining experience and will be back on our next trip from Philly!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Had a wonderful meal here this past Saturday. Did not expect anything out of the ordinary and was pleasantly surprised by the high quality good value meal. Ordered a scallop special with sweet potato and tropical salsa. Scallops were perfect! This is very hard to do and often when ordering scallops out, they are overdone and rubbery. Not here-melt in your mouth. I hope they pay their chef (s) well because this caliber cooking is not typical of this touristy region! Service was good. The atmosphere is a bit lacking, lights could have been dimmed considerably especially since the paint job is a bit on the garish side.

1  Thank Ak C