“It was ok”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 1, 2013

First time eating at Carlos & Charlies @ Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. 90 degrees outside and it was about 85 degrees inside with a hot breeze from outside. (they had part of the place open near the bar) I enjoyed the atmosphere and there was plenty to look at. We sat at a table and ordered water, tea, and our food. Our waitress wasn't very outgoing as far as her interaction with us. No chit chat or information for new comers. Food was ok. I had a problem with my order that took a member of management to fix. Alex was good at getting the problem resolved. Average meal $12-$25.
On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 5.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place is tailored to families with kids and big groups wanting to do some serious drinking, in our opinion. My husband and I dropped in for dinner and the food was pretty good but waaaaay overpriced (and not fantastic for being Mexican food). Then again, we are Mexican food snobs so I guess this all really depends on your perspective and why you are visiting this place. We did because we knew it was somewhat local (well, we'd never heard of it before in all the states we've been in/lived in). The environment is fun! But I don't think it's really a place for couples not partying hard or if you're craving good Mexican food. It turned out much more touristy than we were expecting.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a good meal and our waiter (Brian) was hysterical! Def request him if y'all get a chance to go while you're in town!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited Carlos and Charlie's at Myrtle Beach and enjoyed excellent service from Brian. The server was attentive to all his tables, and the atmosphere was full of fun! The menu was varied with something for everyone. The portions were generous, well-presented and delicious! We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a great experience here. Little language barrier with our particular waitress but we overcame it. Stay away if you are not up for a very lively (and at times loud) environment. We were fine with it even with the kids. Expect dancing by staff and customers at times. Balloon hats are made for you while you wait on your food. Advise would be to stay away from the tall beer served in the yard stick glass as it was the same price as a big margarita (there again, get the medium and stay away from the yard stick drink as it is difficult to drink from and I am convinced you get less that way). Would most definitely return! By the way, we were a group of 14 and waited 15 minutes for a table despite them being very busy which is always a plus!!