“bEST CUPCAKES YOU HAVE EVER EATEN”
Review of Coccadotts

Coccadotts
Ranked #5 of 16 Bakeries in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Description: This is cake shop that has prepared cup cakes and makes the most amazing customized cakes.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“bEST CUPCAKES YOU HAVE EVER EATEN”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have had thier cupcakes on a few occasions and found them to be very good, last night went t a cupcake review and it was outstanding, They definitly have the best cupckaes you can ever eat.and their customer service is super . kind courteous /they do catering and parties also i learned.

• Visited September 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Coccadotts nails it again with presentation, flavor and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband was in MB for a golf outing as I stayed behind at home. We've been to Coccadotts in the past and it gets our thumbs up as one of the best, if not the best, cupcake place we've ever been to. The night before my husband's departure he stopped in the shop to pick up a dozen to bring back home. The friendly girls at the counter advised freezing them that evening to make sure they withstood the 7 hour ride home. Earlier in the day, I sent my husband a text listing my selections; in order of preference. The Caramel Macchiato was at the top of the list, but sadly it was unavailable. Out of the 10 cupcake flavors I gave him, they had 6 of my choices available. He sent me a picture of the cupcakes, which was a huge tease, as I had to wait another full day to sample. They finally arrived the following day safely and for the most part held up rather well. The Maple Bacon, the OMG and the Boston Cream Pie wilted a bit in the icing department, but it did not affect the taste. It was hard to pick a favorite out of my six as they were all super yummy. My husband’s favorite was the Cookies & Cream. Not only does Coccadotts make delicious tasting cupcakes, but they also are very creative in their overall presentation-some so darn cute, you don't want to ruin by taking a bite out of. There are few places that can pull off tasty treats that look as good as they taste and doing so serving customers with a smile, they nail it!

• Visited August 2013
Oakboro, North Carolina
“Love the Cupcake Choices!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Coccadotts has the best cupcakes with the most delicious flavors to choose from. They have specials that they post on their facebook page so make sure you like them so you get the specials. We were down on vacation and the facebook special was come in that day and tell them that you love Myrtle Beach and get 6 cupcakes for half price. When we purchased these cupcakes at half price, they then gave us a coupon for buy 6 get 6 free. The coupon is good for a month, but it is only good Monday - Thursday... not bad if you are there on vacation during the week, but kinda stinks if you are just down there for the weekend. I have tried several different one and so has my son, but my fiance is stuck on the turtle cupcake, he likes the others that he has tried... but always goes back to the turtle as his favorite. We will definately continue to go to Coccadotts to satisfy our cupcake craving when in the Myrtle Beach area.!

• Visited July 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Cupcake Wars does not impress me, Experience does”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For this review, I will just add specific likes and dislikes. We are locals and have had these cupcakes/cakes on multiple occasions.

Likes:

- Cupcakes are very nicely decorated - they are pretty to look at.
- Yes, they taste good too.
- Ready-to-take cakes are reasonably priced at around $15 usually (unless this has changed)
- I like it when they have the packs of cupcakes you can take (by the cashier) and the mini cupcakes for around $10.
- When they run promos, or issue the Buy 6, get 6 free cards w. purchase (although they quickly expire and can't be used on weekends - my family doesn't need a dozen cupcakes in the middle of the week?)

Dislikes:
- The experience I have somewhere where I am spending money impresses me - not that you have been on Cupcake wars or any other show.
- Of all the decorations in the store, *there is no signage or pricing displayed!* As a consumer, this is very annoying for me. This was confusing the first time I visited the store. Prices for items should be clearly displayed - a customer should never have to ask how much something costs.
- All of the different flavors are labeled - *but not described* - again, the customer has to ask "what's in that?" on each kind they are interested in. This isn't always easy in a packed store. I suggest a short description under the flavor.
- The cupcakes are $2.50 each. That may be a good price point in New York, but this is Myrtle Beach, and personally, I find that ridiculous.
- I would like to suggest that they make a flavor or 2 sugar free. (unless this has changed since I last asked). For children and diabetics that would also like to enjoy cupcakes, they could use a sugar substitute such as Truvia.
- There is no where to enjoy your cupcakes! There is one table inside and it is reserved for brides consulting on wedding cakes. There are 2 chairs outside and a bench from the shopping plaza.
- Lastly, the employees are mostly young girls who are not friendly or ready and willing to answer your questions.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank thisvegetarian
Richmond, Virginia
“Do not miss this place!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've had my share of cupcakes, even from some others that have been featured on "Cupcake Wars". This one wins, hands down.

It was a about a 30 minute drive for us (taking 31 to avoid traffic on 17, which is is longer, but faster) so we hoped it would live up to its reputation. We saw an unbelievable list of flavors on the website, but we were going at 7 pm on a Monday night so were expecting that many would not be available.

We were wrong.

We walked into a festive store with cases filled to capacity with 30+ varieties of gorgeous cupcakes. The staff was very patient while 4 of us tried to pick 12 flavors to take home.

The prices are very reasonable compared to other specialty cupcake shops. And the cupcakes aren't huge like others who try to make up for quality with quantity. These are a great balance of frosting and toppings to cake.

We were excited to try them but waited on the long drive back home.

Knowing that beauty can only be skin deep (and having been disappointed by other "pretty" cupcakes before), we dove in and hoped for the best.

We were not disappointed.

There was not a single disappointment in the assortment. The Key Lime Margarita was loved by an avid Key Lime pie fan (comes with umbrella - see photo), the Orange Dream was excellent according to an all-things-orange eater, and the list went on. The Banana Cream was great, as was Coconut. The attention to detail was amazing as well.

If you are in the area, this is must do!

• Visited July 2013