“Great Golf Trip Condos”
Review of Legends Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Legends Resort
Ranked #78 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 19, 2010

For a group of guys going to Myrtle Beach you can't do much better than this. Two beds in each bedroom which makes comfort and space a non-issue. Be aware it is about 5 miles inland from the beach but short drive to places like Broadway at the Beach. Comfortable, basic condo lodging. Will be back!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 24, 2009

I have organized our yearly golf trip now for 15 years. We have gone to the Legends 9 times out of those 15 years, spending about $72,000. A loyal customer you would think. But this year I got home and found a $125 dollar charge on my card for a damaged front door. Our door would not close and lock when we arrived. We tried to call housekeeping but playing 36 holes we would finish after housekeeping closed at 4:30pm. We are all professionals and have never been less than responsible. I called the Legends several times to ask for a credit but was refused. Finally, I got it escalated to the owner and his response was to have my lawyer call his. I will never go to legends ever again. This is how they treat their best customers. Please select another option.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
8  Thank SagedadConnecticut
Reviewed October 17, 2009

In a nutshell these accommodations are for a men's only golf holiday. The rooms feature 15+year old plumping fittings, appliances, & quite possibly, carpet.

Our group booked into 6 of the 2 bedroom 2 bath 'villas' which are privately owned but managed by the Legends. My unit was on the 2nd floor. Our introduction to the extremely poor condition of the unit were the carpeted stairs which were filthy with ground in dirt & large debris that the vacuum didn't get. Upstairs, the carpet was in the same condition with the added interest of ravelling seams. The furniture was well worn with stains here & there. The kitchen was poorly equipped so if you are planning on doing much of anything in the kitchen be sure to bring your own knives, wine glasses, corkscrew, or anything you will absolutely have to have.

All of this probably doesn't much matter to a group of guys booked in here to take advantage of the 3 golf courses. Which also a contributing factor to why the units are maintained the way they are. But it is surprising that the TVs are not updated & there is no wifi - bring your ethernet cord.

Also, the management is not really on top of things with groups. Double check all of your plans that require the resort to provide any type of extra services.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank jls1890
Reviewed June 11, 2009

This time to Myrtle Beach we got the opportunity to stay in a friend's condo at the Legends resort and it was fantastic. Now mind you they do not rent out their condo to just anybody they only rent it out to friends and family so you do not have the wear and tear of a condo that see's guests constantly in and out. The condo was a 2 bedroom in the Gleneagles section and the place was spacious and had all the luxuries of home. You can sit out on the screened patio and watch golfers hit their approach shots to the 17th green on the Parkland course. The pool and hot tub were great after a hot day on the course, the staff at the Ailsa pub were excellent as was the food, the golf courses at Legends are top notch if you get a chance they also manage TPC, Oyster Bay and Heritage which are off site but all great courses and the 3 courses on premise are all quality. Having the advantage of being able to use this condo whenever we come to town makes it even more of a no brainer from now on as to where we stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank koalasteve
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I stayed at the Legends Resort Villas for three nights in early April 2009 while I attended the golf school at the resort. My room was included as part of the golf package but I believe they are $149 a night. I was traveling solo.

Overall, I found the rooms spacious, functional and clean. I was on the first floor of a townhouse (2 stories, I believe). These condos wrapped around one of the golf courses, a short drive or shuttle ride from the clubhouse. The unit was a one bedroom, one bath, with a full kitchen, full size washer and dryer, dining room table, living room. There were two full size beds in the bedroom, which might be a bit uncomfortable if two people wanted to sleep in the same bed. It was more of a roommate setup. There was a patio that looked out onto the golf course. There was a big TV in the living room and a smaller one in the bedroom; neither were flat screen, so the units have not been updated. There is free wifi in the rooms. There is no room service, but the front desk will give you a list of pizza joints that will deliver.

As for the resort itself, it's well set up for the golfer. There is a large clubhouse with a fully stocked pro shop and a bar/restaurant. The clubhouse is also the reception desk for the villas. The restaurant serves a hot breakfast buffet for about $9, and a standard lunch menu. I don't know if they serve dinner. There is a very large driving range, practice green and bunkers, etc. It's lit and open until 10 pm.

There are three golf courses, which were all in very good condition. The staff both on and off the course were universally friendly and efficient and I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2009

i been coming to myrtle beach for almost 10 years now .and i have to say it was good for the first 9 at legends.this year however was the worst trip in years. they messed up my res. to start .the staff was all over the place.nobody knew what they were doing.the cart girls had there hands out every time you get a beverage.the place changed alot in one year.my god what happened to this place. i think most of there staff needs to be replaced.i will go somewhere else and take my group with me...you should be ashamed of yourselves for letting this place turn into such a terrible destination.............they will never get any moore of my money!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank golfstarmichigan
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Just returned from a 5 day, 4 night, 4 round package at Legends. The weather was a little on the chilly side but personally I love playing golf in 40-60 degree weather, so I enjoyed it.

Legends itself is truly dedicated to golf. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa and it was great. Decent kitchen, clean, and comfortable. The only issue I had was that the bedrooms were more setup for sharing singles than couples. Because the beds were small queens (or maybe doubles) and not ideal for 2 people. But overall the accommodation was great and would be a fun setup with a group of golfers. These villas are really designed for golf with club storage racks etc. Legends is really all about golf!

The staff at Legends were pretty great. That includes the golf staff, the management staff, range staff, bar man, etc. Friendly, accommodating, helpful... Well done Legends.

Great practice area, with nice chipping greens, a monster range and free range balls in my package. I spent many hours there and enjoyed it.

The 3 courses at Legends are interesting and a pretty good challenge. I personally enjoyed Heathland the most, but probably because my first round there included a lipout missed eagle and 3 birdies. I found the courses to be very well manicured and in great condition, especially for this cold time of the year. Things I liked: Rolling Scottish-style hilly fairways, wonderful rich green fairway grass, some scenic views, and challenging layout. Also, the oncourse staff stop their mowers and equipment when you play through which I found courteous and a nice touch. I did have a few issues with the courses however: Personally, if I cannot reach a par 3 with a well struck 3 wood from the tee then I feel it is too long. Also I felt that the greens were a little inconsistent in speed (fast then slow then lightning then slow etc). Also I don't know why but there are no signboards marking the tee boxes and so on some holes you can get slowed down wondering if you are on the correct tee box and looking the correct direction, or because you drive right by the tee box because it isn't marked etc. And I really love to walk a golf course, but at a resort like Legends this isnt possible because the distance from green to the next tee is sometimes a 4 minute cart ride away. On the whole though, this is high quality golf and highly recommended.

If you are looking for a fun group golf escape Legends should be on your list. A word about Myrtle Beach itself though: I was pretty disappointed in general. I found it tacky and like a fading 1950s Las Vegas. There is very little choice for eating out if you exclude chain "Grill House" or "Road House" places. It seemed to be all strip malls, away from the actual beach, and really unattractive (to me anyway). We got some pretty terrible food from places which obviously don't care too much. The only good food we got there was from Tommy Bahama (recommended, pretty good value and high quality food) and great pizza from California Pizza (pizza is very good, their salads are horrendous with still frozen vegetables just dropped on a plate). So if you like road house grilled burgers then you should have a massive selection in Myrtle Beach. If you are a vegetarian, or don't like chain stuff, then you might struggle as we did.

Go for the golf, Legends is a good choice because the golf is great and you can cook your own food in the villa with a kitchen.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple