Legends Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
See available hotels
City Studios(Myrtle Beach)
Condotels South(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Ocean View Motel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Flamingo Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewsailsa pubgreat golfgolf triptee timesheritage clubpractice areanice coursesguys tripgolf seasonterrible shapeincluded breakfastgreat weekthree bedroomnice place to staygrand strandwasher and dryerheathland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I stayed at the Legends Resort Villas for three nights in early April 2009 while I attended the golf school at the resort. My room was included as part of the golf package but I believe they are $149 a night. I was traveling solo.

Overall, I found the rooms spacious, functional and clean. I was on the first floor of a townhouse (2 stories, I believe). These condos wrapped around one of the golf courses, a short drive or shuttle ride from the clubhouse. The unit was a one bedroom, one bath, with a full kitchen, full size washer and dryer, dining room table, living room. There were two full size beds in the bedroom, which might be a bit uncomfortable if two people wanted to sleep in the same bed. It was more of a roommate setup. There was a patio that looked out onto the golf course. There was a big TV in the living room and a smaller one in the bedroom; neither were flat screen, so the units have not been updated. There is free wifi in the rooms. There is no room service, but the front desk will give you a list of pizza joints that will deliver.

As for the resort itself, it's well set up for the golfer. There is a large clubhouse with a fully stocked pro shop and a bar/restaurant. The clubhouse is also the reception desk for the villas. The restaurant serves a hot breakfast buffet for about $9, and a standard lunch menu. I don't know if they serve dinner. There is a very large driving range, practice green and bunkers, etc. It's lit and open until 10 pm.

There are three golf courses, which were all in very good condition. The staff both on and off the course were universally friendly and efficient and I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2009

i been coming to myrtle beach for almost 10 years now .and i have to say it was good for the first 9 at legends.this year however was the worst trip in years. they messed up my res. to start .the staff was all over the place.nobody knew what they were doing.the cart girls had there hands out every time you get a beverage.the place changed alot in one year.my god what happened to this place. i think most of there staff needs to be replaced.i will go somewhere else and take my group with me...you should be ashamed of yourselves for letting this place turn into such a terrible destination.............they will never get any moore of my money!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank golfstarmichigan
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Just returned from a 5 day, 4 night, 4 round package at Legends. The weather was a little on the chilly side but personally I love playing golf in 40-60 degree weather, so I enjoyed it.

Legends itself is truly dedicated to golf. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa and it was great. Decent kitchen, clean, and comfortable. The only issue I had was that the bedrooms were more setup for sharing singles than couples. Because the beds were small queens (or maybe doubles) and not ideal for 2 people. But overall the accommodation was great and would be a fun setup with a group of golfers. These villas are really designed for golf with club storage racks etc. Legends is really all about golf!

The staff at Legends were pretty great. That includes the golf staff, the management staff, range staff, bar man, etc. Friendly, accommodating, helpful... Well done Legends.

Great practice area, with nice chipping greens, a monster range and free range balls in my package. I spent many hours there and enjoyed it.

The 3 courses at Legends are interesting and a pretty good challenge. I personally enjoyed Heathland the most, but probably because my first round there included a lipout missed eagle and 3 birdies. I found the courses to be very well manicured and in great condition, especially for this cold time of the year. Things I liked: Rolling Scottish-style hilly fairways, wonderful rich green fairway grass, some scenic views, and challenging layout. Also, the oncourse staff stop their mowers and equipment when you play through which I found courteous and a nice touch. I did have a few issues with the courses however: Personally, if I cannot reach a par 3 with a well struck 3 wood from the tee then I feel it is too long. Also I felt that the greens were a little inconsistent in speed (fast then slow then lightning then slow etc). Also I don't know why but there are no signboards marking the tee boxes and so on some holes you can get slowed down wondering if you are on the correct tee box and looking the correct direction, or because you drive right by the tee box because it isn't marked etc. And I really love to walk a golf course, but at a resort like Legends this isnt possible because the distance from green to the next tee is sometimes a 4 minute cart ride away. On the whole though, this is high quality golf and highly recommended.

If you are looking for a fun group golf escape Legends should be on your list. A word about Myrtle Beach itself though: I was pretty disappointed in general. I found it tacky and like a fading 1950s Las Vegas. There is very little choice for eating out if you exclude chain "Grill House" or "Road House" places. It seemed to be all strip malls, away from the actual beach, and really unattractive (to me anyway). We got some pretty terrible food from places which obviously don't care too much. The only good food we got there was from Tommy Bahama (recommended, pretty good value and high quality food) and great pizza from California Pizza (pizza is very good, their salads are horrendous with still frozen vegetables just dropped on a plate). So if you like road house grilled burgers then you should have a massive selection in Myrtle Beach. If you are a vegetarian, or don't like chain stuff, then you might struggle as we did.

Go for the golf, Legends is a good choice because the golf is great and you can cook your own food in the villa with a kitchen.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank warwickp
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I just returned from a mid-October golf trip to The Legends for my father-in-law's 60th birthday. This was my fourth time staying there. This trip was absolutely perfect. We went with 14 guys for 5 nights and 6 rounds of golf. Twelve of the players had never been to Myrtle Beach, and were blown away by The Legends.

Everything on this trip was perfect. We never waited while playing, the courses were prestine, the food was fantastic, and as usual, the service was outstanding.

I have stayed at many different places in Myrtle over the last 8-9 years. There is just no reason to stay anywhere else but The Legends.

After making a comment on TripAdvisor about experiencing slow golf in April, the Marketing Director at the Legends went out of his way to contact me to get more information. He then went above and beyond to make sure that we were well taken care of during our trip in October. These guys truly appreciate your business and do their best to make sure your stay is memorable.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 9, 2008

Have stayed at the Legends a number of times with a group of golfers (9 this year) for our annual trip. The condos are ok/nice, breakfast is included and they added made to order eggs since our last stay. The courses are well kept, and location is close to other good courses. We haven't found a better place to stay in Myrtle.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends