“Perfect Beach Getaway!”

Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes
Ranked #2 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The OceanWatch Villas will not dissappoint! It is a beautiful property with lots of amenities and activities for young children. We stayed in one of the towers in the back of the property and did not have an ocean view, but if you have young kids with you, this is actually a good thing. (if you get a room above the 3rd or 4th floor, then you can probably still see the ocean, even though you are not right on the beach). And it only takes a minute or two to walk down to the beach. The pool area by the towers is sooo great for kids and it is so clean and tidy. The landscaping is top notch, too. The hot tub in this area is actually much nicer too, I think. The treehouse playground is a big hit with the kids as well. I'm very impressed with everything about this place! My favorite place to stay! The villas are beautiful and roomy and the balconies are plenty big. Everything on the property was so clean, and I am a clean freak and not easily impressed! The only thing that was a slight dissappointment was that one or two of the kid's activities that were on the schedule at the resort got canceled for no apparent reason. Not a big deal. Overall, this place is amazing and we will definately look forward to vacationing here again soon!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank naturegirl00

Reviewed March 3, 2011

We stayed one week here at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas and it was fantastic! We had a very large 2 bedroom villa with a beautiful ocean view where we could see the sunrise in the morning! The villa itself was super clean, bedding very comfy, more than enough room for 8 people. The amenities were superb. Pools heated to 85 degrees and more than enough outdoor hottubs. The resort is right on the beach in an upscale residential neighborhood. We took many morning walks around the property and the area around the resort where there were some very beautiful homes!

The staff was friendly and very helpful. A wonderful time was had and we can't wait to go back there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CandCNewYork
Reviewed January 28, 2011

This is an amazing resort. The staff are so friendly and helpful. They make you feel welcome the second you walk in the door! We had a two bedroom ocean front suite that everything that we could possibly need. Beautiful view, large balcony, spacious rooms, quiet building, luxurious, clean, organized, high end furnishings and finishing touches. We were so pleased with our stay that we are returning their for a 3rd year in a row. We stayed in the off season and very much enjoyed the resort as it wasn't really busy in February.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2010

We stayed at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas for the week of Dec 18th. What a great resort. The weather was not good enough to use the outdoor swimming pools which look great, but there is other fun stuff to do. We loved the indoor swimming pool, the fitness center, sauna and steam room. Rooms are great - clean and very comfortable. Kitchen is on the smaller side, but nice. We did not have a great great ocean view - we stayed at the Maple building on the 6th floor, so make sure you ask for a ocean front unit... or at least higher floor. There are lots of activities and a nice playground - like a treehouse. Our 2 year old loved it! There is also nice kids club - nice room with lots of toys, books, and wii. We really liked this place. We will try to visit it during the summer.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank aajpit
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Service was excellent. Got into our condo. immediately. Had a very large beautiful 2 bedroom w/ 2 baths, full kitchen, TV in every room. Not right on the ocean but one bldg. off the ocean. Had a great view from our outside balcony. They had all kinds of things going on every day if you wanted to join in & have fun. They even had a small party store where you could buy milk, bread, fresh pizza, fresh brewed coffee, & etc. The Marriott Hotel was right across the street. It was BEAUTIFUL!! It had a very nice restaurant, with a great menu. (Kind of Pricey, but after all you are on vacation) The weather was 69 to 75 every day. Other restaurant's & lots of golf courses within a 5 mile radius.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I stayed here for a week with my parents, my aunt, two cousins, and two young children. The unit was clean and nice. The master was very lovely. The kitchen was a little smaller than other Marriott villas but not too bad. I do have to say that the thermostat didn't work very well. The spare room was controlled by the living room. The living room would be comfortable but the spare room was stifling. We used the ceiling fan to help. It wasn't bad enough to complain, but it was a uncomfortable.

We stayed at Ocean Watch because we were attending a sales meeting to see if we wanted to buy at this particular resort. I currently own one unit and my parents own two.
Staying in Myrtle Beach in November is great because there are no crowds. With this being said, we were very disappointed that we were placed in a unit in the building farthest from the beach and not high enough to see the ocean at all. Almost the entire building was empty, yet we couldn't be higher to see the view or in a closer building? We saw very few people at all at the resort and the parking lots were quite empty. We were very surprised because we were there to buy and we were given such a poor location. We did not but needless to say.

There are many pools. The kid centered pool is away from most things which is nice and there are lots of things for kids to do. The tree house was a favorite of the kids. The main pool was very elegant as well.

I was disappointed in the Market Place. It was small in my experience with other Marriott villas and only had pre-prepared foods. Not such a great option.

There is no business center, but you can pay $0.35 per minute to use their computer and printer (I needed to print my airline ticket), but they do not tell you that they use an international company and you get charged for international fees. Poor service in my mind. But the wi-fi in the villas did work well.

Overall, Ocean Watch is fine. I've just stayed at much nicer Marriott Villas.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Ashley N
Reviewed December 8, 2010

My spouse, my brother and his fiance have visited this resort 2 years in a row together. My spouse and I are owners. One day during our visit this year my brother and his fiance left out the door or the villa we all were staying in and saw a maid standing in the hallway they spoke to the her and she asked them if they were leaving. They responded by saying not checking out just going out to eat. They proceeded to get on the elevator. About a minute after they got on the elevator the villa door opened and it was the maid. She thought no one was in the villa and we certainly had not ask for housekeeping. She was so shocked when she saw me and my spouse sitting on the balcony. She made up this lame story about wanting to leave some ice cream she got from another room (that someone had left after checking out) for my sister-in-law. I told her that didn't sound right so I immediately called the front desk and they sent security up and he used a card in the door to see if the maid had used her card to get in and sure enough she was caught. I don't know what happened to her but the front desk employees and no one else ever addressed the matter with us again. I kinda thought for a minute that they thought we were telling a lie. I was not happy at all because they could have at least apologized for this lady's actions who was obviously getting ready to rip us off! BEWARE OF YOUR BELONGINGS!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family