“What a place to relax”

Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes
Ranked #1 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“What a place to relax”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed in mid December. Great villas clean good furniture very good bed. Check in was fast and efficient. Rumor says summers are tough. This is a high demand area in season. Had been kept up to date with furnishings and excellent in cleanliness Activities are very good have kids and adults activities. Excellent indoor pool and whirlpool. Work out area is equipped with great machines and tv for each machine. 1st class. First time here as trade-in and will be back. Restaurants close, shopping paradise, shows, and grocery stores very close. Wine and beer in stores, other bring. Great craft beers and wine available at hotel. One thing that puts them ahead of others is the customer service. You start getting emails before arrival wanting to take care of your needs. This is very important to myself.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank James C
MVCI_Executive, Manager at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for visiting Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes! We truly appreciate your five-star review and wish to welcome you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Marriott has a Gem in Myrtle Beach! We stayed only 3 nights, was very Good, staff is Excellent, very Friendly and Helpful! The Rooms were Very Clean, we had an Ocean Front on 16th Floor, SPECTACULAR. Hope we can Come Back in May when it's Warmer. It was 60 degrees, not to Bad considering it was 25 and Snowing where we come From! We love the Marriott, this property is Top Notch!

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank vegman58
Our team is thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes! Thank you for your kind words and we wish to serve you again in the near future.
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in Dec. 2013. Very comfortable villa with 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms. Enough room to spread out and relax. The trip started out not so great with the front desk clerk who was not to friendly. I asked her kindly to check if there were any oceanfront rooms and she said no but the guest who was checking in right next to me was asking the same question and was told yes. The clerk then said let me check in the back and left for 8 minutes to only come back out and say yes there are rooms and proceeds to quote me a price that was 30.00 more than the other guest quote. Anyway after all that I kept my reserved Gardenview room.

Gardenview rm-
Its was absolutely beautiful and even had a very nice view of the ocean. It was right next to the indoor pool clubhouse and gym. Includes 2 beds and 2 baths, Washer/dryer, full kitchen, blueray dvd, balcony, spa tub and etc.

The only issue is the front desk service which was extremely slow with checkin and checkout and unfriendly.The customer service is way better at the Marriott hotel right next to the Villas. While checking out I can see why the front staff is unfriendly based on the way I observed the managers manner. I have worked front desk before in a small hotel. So I expected that in a resort that they would be on top of thier game. Outside of that the resort completely washes that madness out. It us stunning even in winter. I would not hesitate to return to Oceanwatch villas 365 days a year.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Khristina A
Thank you for your review of Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas. We are very disappointed to hear about the service you received from the front desk and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our Customer Care team would like to personally follow up with you and may be reached at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 800-860-9384. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you visit us again in the future.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My sister and I stayed in Myrtle Beach for a couple of days in December to do some Christmas shopping and sightseeing and we were not disappointed. The Villa was a 2 bedroom suite and was priced at a rate to good to refuse. The room was clean, updated and well kept. We would have moved in and stayed forever if we were able to. The resort offered many activities every day and gave an update via voicemail each morning to update you. The location has several pools and the hottub is huge. There are plenty of trees offering shade for comfort while sunning. Unfortunately, we were visiting in Dec so our ultimate goal was not to sun and/or swim, so we did not partake in any of the pools but would love to come back. We did sit out by the firepits one night which was very relaxing. The resort is great and I cannot say enough about the quality and comfort for this location!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank rbrown5305
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited for a wedding and stayed a week. We hold pretty high standards in terms of hotels and hesitated with the villas but we pleasantly surprised. The villas was immaculate. The staff were courteous. The amenities were very convenient, even an in unit washer and dyer. Our garden view could still view the ocean and had a patio with a family sized dining set. The villa was close to others but we did not hear anyone. My favorite part was the master bath tub for my achy back and legs after a very long car ride. There was not a thing that could have made our stay here better.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lanajoy
Maryland
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is our second year at Marriott OceanWatch and it didn't disappoint. The villas are spacious and views wonderful. Layout is easy to navigate and access to beach is very convenient. We enjoyed the pool/slide (was never too crowded) and service was excellent as usual. The facilities, playground and kids activities were definitely a plus for us. We plan to return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kkay62
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for my birthday...we checked in a day before. It was late night and The front desk..."she" because I didn't get her name maybe because I was sooo excited...lol...was great great great..... she made us feel sooooooo good after 6 hours of driving...as if it was noon so wonderful. The room flawless...the pools, the beach, the service...great!!!! If I saw a staff member no matter how I felt that day, they made me feel good by saying " good morning" or "let me know if you need anything"....everyday for the next 3 days by far the best service.....I have been checking reviews for 3 months prior to me leaving I loved it.thanks.....this is a perfect place for family, and or couples to relax and enjoy themselves. I definitely will be back with our kids and everyone we can get, to get away....dont wanna stay anywhere else in MYRTLE!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family