I've read mixed reviews about this hotel, either they are very poor, very good, or some what moderate. Although I believe all reviews are biased in some way ( i.e., bad staffing that one day, someones in a bad mood, a dirty sheet, etc.,) , I will truly try and give an unbiased review so when you show up you won't be disappointed.
My friends and I were between the ages of 17-18 at the time of our stay. We were going down for our senior spring break, and this hotel was one of the very few that would book us without either a. a parent or b. a credit card number. We were allowed to hold our room untill we arrived( we were thrilled) and paid cash at the front desk. The front as I can recall was clean, but small and the staff during my check in were friendly and prompt ( remember, we were a group of 18 year olds).
So off we went with our 3 room keys to our room. Yes, everything you read/hear about the elevator is true. This hotel/motel is a high rise. There is one elevator. It is slow, and worn down. Welcome to most of myrtle beach's hotels that are on the cheaper side and meant for teenages and young adults. Besides that being a pain because we weren't on the first floor and we had LOTS of luggage, we entered the room. Now wait. As you can read so far, can you guess what the room was like? Right. Nothing special. Clean, and a little out dated. Yes, it smelt. But again, I can almost assure you that 85% or more of the occupants were under the age of 21.
Yes, they probably smoked when they shouldn't have.
Spilt drinks and let them soak in.
But this hotel was far from "disgusting".
The balcony is very narrow and ALWAYS made me nervous when someone was on it. The view is AMAZING, you're literally on the beach. The pool and bar were clean, and nothing was too unusual.
The staff was MORE than willing to accomadate us. We had asked for over 2 spare keys at all hours of the night and never did they give us a hard time. (Thank you!! :-D). Room service or maids are available. We cleaned our own mess because lord knows it was terrible. Oh, and PS, 6 girls in one room needed more than one extra towel. We never had to sign up for one. Our maid on our floor was amazing and always hooked us up. Perhaps people should be a little bit more courteous to the staff and the staff will help them out. Anyways...
We even got our deposit back
All in all this hotel was FAR beyond our expectations. We read the reviews and we were expecting something WAY worse. If you're looking for a romantic get away, I surely wouldn't spend it here. If you're looking for somewhere for your family to stay, I'd reconsider it. 1. you're right in the middle of everything. It is loud. There are kids everywhere (((( at least during spring break)))). 2. The balconys aren't very safe for children. If you're looking for a place to stop on a business trip, I'd stay at the Marriot or Holiday Inn etc., But if your young, indifferent and enjoy a great deal on room prices, I'd say this place is for you. Also, honestly, from a different perspective, vacation is spent outside or doing attractions, not in your hotel. As long as its clean, and it's cheap, I wouldn't care too much.
Oh yeah! Parking sucked a little bit, but we dealt with it also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandcastle Oceanfront at the Pavilion is located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach. Our ocean front resort offers accommodations choices as varied as you are! Brightly decorated and accessorized with all the comforts of home, our resort features a variety of floor plans which offer suitable accommodations for whatever you require. Our efficiencies allow you to prepare your own meals, plus our suites feature separate sleeping and living quarters for privacy and comfort. Comfortable accommodations to please everyone will entice you to stay longer! Our central location is 9 blocks from the famous Myrtle Beach Pavilion area where you'll be in the very heart of downtown. We're also very near Broadway at the Beach, featuring Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe', Planet Hollywood, Imax Theater, Ripley's Aquarium and many other vacation highlights. Sandcastle Resort at the Pavilion is your absolute best choice when you want to experience all that Myrtle Beach has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort At The Pavilion Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach