My family and I booked this hotel based on the pictures on the internet. Everything looked great and family oriented. As soon as we checked in I knew that we would not be staying. Between the water dripping on my head at every doorway, the bugs in my room, the cigarette butts and beer bottles being thrown on my balcony I can't decide where to start. We were staying in an ocean front room on the bottom floor. When my kids went on the balcony to look at the ocean all we could smell were cigarettes. The people on the floor above us were throwing them off their balcony and they were landing on ours as well as the bushes below. Did I mention that the bushes were smoking because they were not put out first? When I told my husband he went to look and at that time a beer bottle was thrown from the above balcony. When I went to the front desk they told me that they should not be smoking and did talk to the other guests about it. Unfortunately they did not stop. My family and I went to find another hotel and were basically laughed at when we told the other hotels where we were staying. Apparently the Sandcastle now rents to 18 year olds and above. We were told that it is the party hotel. Not a good place for families at all. There are minors drinking beer all over the beach and leaving the trash all over the hotel and beach. I would not let my family bring our stuff in the room or take their shoes off. We checked in and out the same day. We unfortunately had to stay one night until the next hotel was ready. Talk about a nightmare between wondering if my balcony was going to catch on fire and the noise coming from the other rooms we did not sleep at all. We were up and out before 8am and were happier waiting without a hotel room until 3pm the next day when we could check in to another hotel. The website for this hotel does not show the filth and disgust of this place. There were bugs in the room, stains on the bedsheets, holes in the doors, dirt in the so called kitchen that hadn't been cleaned, visable dirt on carpet and dirty water dripping on my head everytime I walked in or out of the building. I wish I were exaggerating but I have pictures to prove all of it. DO NOT STAY HERE WITH KIDS!!!! There are drunken students all over this hotel. If you are a student and you want to cram as many drunken friends in one room as you can then go for it. Again the staff did act on our complaint right away but it just didn't help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandcastle Oceanfront at the Pavilion is located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach. Our ocean front resort offers accommodations choices as varied as you are! Brightly decorated and accessorized with all the comforts of home, our resort features a variety of floor plans which offer suitable accommodations for whatever you require. Our efficiencies allow you to prepare your own meals, plus our suites feature separate sleeping and living quarters for privacy and comfort. Comfortable accommodations to please everyone will entice you to stay longer! Our central location is 9 blocks from the famous Myrtle Beach Pavilion area where you'll be in the very heart of downtown. We're also very near Broadway at the Beach, featuring Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe', Planet Hollywood, Imax Theater, Ripley's Aquarium and many other vacation highlights. Sandcastle Resort at the Pavilion is your absolute best choice when you want to experience all that Myrtle Beach has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort At The Pavilion Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach