“A great time at myrtle beach!”

Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion
Ranked #142 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Myrtle beach hotel.
My Husband and I stayed at the Sandcastle at the Pavillion Hotel for 1 week in April. It was great. the workers were wonderful. The man at the desk was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean. Beautiful pool with cabana. it was great. Can't wait to go back. there is so much to see and do and the beach is absolutely beautiful! We went to shows and they were all great!

Reviewed May 12, 2008

My husband and I had made a reservtion for May 4th till the 8th of the month but were having such a fabulous time at the Sandcastle that we ended up staying 2 more nights. We could not have been treated nicer from any of the staff. From the owner down to the cleaning people everyone was so much help and went the extra mile to make our stay there just great. Branden who runs the cabana bar learned it was our anniversary on the 7th and treated us like a king and his queen that night. I don't think you can find a resort were you are treated so great everyday and see so many smiling face day in and day out. We will be going back to the Sandcastle again and again. I recommend this resort to all. Thank you all for everything.
Clyde and Darleen Hogg
May 2008

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My wife and two children just spent spring break 2008 at the Sandcastle in Myrtle Beach. This hotel is not fancy, but is very acceptable if you are looking for a decent clean room, comfortable beds, and a great view of the ocean. We stayed 4 nights at the hotel. In Florida, a hotel like this woud cost 3 times as much. Although the hotel was full of kids for spring break, we never heard any noise. The manager put us on the top floor in a corner. It was quiet as could be. The a/c worked great and the queen beds were true regular size queen beds. Don't get me wrong, this place is not fancy, but is a great value on the ocean. While we were there, it was too cold to swim, but the outdoor pools were kept crystal clean. The indoor pool was small and crowded. We never used it. One of the nice features of this hotel is that it is close to lots of fun stuff in Myrtle Beach. We spent a lot of time at Pier 14. The food there is great. The breakfast (eggs and flounder for $7) was fantastic. They had great early bird specials for $10 for dinner. That included flounder, baked potato, green beans, and a salad. My son and I fished all day on the pier for $12 including rod rental. Pass on the Ripley attractions in town. They were a rip off. The Sandcastle was a great hotel close to lots of fun stuff. I would stay there again in a second.

2  Thank spir2008
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Someone with entry capability came into my room while I was on the balcony and stole my purse and my daugher's purse. I was in the room with the only 2 keys that had been issued and I saw the door closing and found 2 purses missing. I asked the manager for some follow-up and he never got back with me. When I did e-mail him about the issue, his response was that it slipped his mind. With that I am left wondering exactly how many thefts occur at the resort. All doors have a metal key and locks are not changed when keys are lost or not turned in. Everyone who has stayed in that room, in theory, has a key to the room you are staying in. In addition, the room was dirty--food on the floor from previous guests. The sink was stopped up and no one would come to unclog it. Worst place I have ever stayed.

1  Thank Grace50
CustomerReplies, Public Relations at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2008

Dear Gracie 50,

The SandCastle Resort was saddened to hear of the disappearance of your items.

While there are inherent risks with all hotels that still use metal locks, we do advise all guests staying in resort areas to always use the bolt door lock provided back interior of the room. Properties with key cards can also be entered by guests who are just checking out. The bolt lock ensures no unwanted entries.

While your visit was during peak capacity for our resort, we are now addressing housekeeping and maintenance issues with an attention to detail that ensure prompt responses to peak issue concerns.

I am very sorry that you were disastified with your visit. Our resort is now under new management and we will work to be the best buy for the vacation dollar in Myrtle Beach over the next 90 days and into the forseeable future.

Reviewed March 28, 2008

The Sandcastle at the pavilion is past it's prime. Stayed here with a group attending a tournament. Old and in much need of up date. Not sure if that would even help. Had a suite and it was the only positive thing about the hotel due to the size by standard room size. Suites are 2 rooms, separated by bath room and small kitchen-ett area. Just too bad the place is a dump. Old carpet, furniture, fixtures and doors. Should have known when we were handed 2 metal keys. It looks like they don't even own a vacume. Public spaces were not well kept. The elevator in the building we stayed in was not working one afternoon, so it was stairs for all. They have found every way possible to cut costs. Only one trash can in the suite, no shampoo, etc. We did see some signs adverstising condo's, that looked like would replace the hotel. Lets hope so! We had a group discount for the room, but still have stayed at better for less.

Dear Travelten,

The condos for sale sign is a clear indication that our firm is looking to do a condo development.

With the market where it is, however, SandCastle Resort has brought in a new management team and is spending millions of dollars on capital improvements on the existing structure.

While our central building is older, we intend to make it the best maintained structure on the North end of Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed March 2, 2008

I have been wanting to go back to the beach so my husband and I went alone for Valentine's Day. We had a tight budget, and this place was much better than other family places we have stayed before. We had no problems at all. We had a great, romantic time.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NCMtnGirl
Reviewed February 27, 2008

I went for Memorial Weekend during Bike Week.
When we first reached the hotel, it looked nice when we went to check in. They sent us to some other building around the corner and we were practically fighting the bugs off of us on the way up to the room.
The elevators reminded me of the projects in NY the way they were filthy.
The room was okay. We didn't have trouble checking in but it was 5 of us and they only had 2 keys available. Then they charged us for the second key.
We wanted to iron our clothes and there was no iron. We called the front desk to inquire about one and they informed us that there was only 1 iron that the whole hotel had to share and we had to wait until another room was done with it. How tacky is that?
This was a straight up low class hotel. You are better off staying at the Best Western down the block.
All in all, I ended up leaving the girls I checked in with and staying in another hotel with other friends. Their hotel (sorry don't remember the name but it was pretty far from the action) was much more presentable and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pinkdymondz

Dear Pink Diamonds,

The SandCastle Resort is currently addressing grounds, maintainence, and elevators as we have now hired a new management team to run the resort.

We hope you will try us again and assure you that our resort will be the best buy for your vacation dollar.