“sickness @ beach” 5 of 5 stars

Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
“sickness @ beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

david, chris, housekeeping&
manager were great!!! we stayed one nite at a time. until our love one passed on.thanks f ur support.
the room the view is amazing (3rdfloor). the park beside the resort is beautiful just amazing!
A1 place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Becky B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Rooms were clean staff very friendly and helpful. Not a ritzy place but the staff /Chris makes up for it. Come stay relax and have fun at the Sandcastle at the pavilion. Will stay again many times.
Chris is the man 3-11 shift

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ygobby
RollingNy8, Manager at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your awesome review of both myself and the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and are planning future visits. We may not be the most upscale resort, however we strive to provide our guests with the cleanest rooms, most enjoyable stay possible, and a very memorable Myrtle Beach vacation.

Once again, thank you for your very kind comments. We look forward to sharing future vacations with you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed her 3 times in the last couple years..its not a 5 Star but it is good for the money. Rooms have microwaves and Fridge's in rooms too! Close to shopping and great deals on off peak time of the year. They have a coffee pot in room too but they do NOT give u coffee. Strange

Just opened this year at this hotel too, Sole Italian Restaurant...OMG awesome and best Italian we have ever had! Great place and priced well. All homemade too!

Room Tip: We got ocean front....great watching ocean with coffee in the morning too!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LOVEMEXICO213
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

After my nightmare down the boulevard, I stopped at several hotels and viewed rooms, and some were horrible, some were nice but overpriced, and then I walked into this place. It wasn't the biggest, but it had everything I was looking for. My first great impression was with the front desk. A young guy named Chris was there and was very attentive and let me view a room. The hallways were clean, the elevators were clean, and the room was very clean. It wasn't the newest place, but I could tell several things in the room were newer than in several other places I had viewed. The management and owners definitely care about their property. I checked in and was given a lot of directions of where to park and a map to boot. The parking was so plentiful, and all of it within a block. I'm not sure what's wrong with these people saying some is so far. They need to go to the first place I went to. The indoor pool area was so neat with murals on the walls and ceiling. The jacuzzi was hot and very large. This property had a lot going for it for such a small place. During my stay I met several staff members and could call them all by name. I felt so at home. From the housekeeping to the front desk to the maintenance staff, I encountered so many nice people. As for a few comments I saw on here, don't expect coffee in your room, as it's not available at any independent property at the beach to my knowledge. That's a chain hotel thing. And when I missed an iron, I was able to get one at the desk. The rate was so low for what I received. And the restaurant there is the best. I'll have to write a separate review for Cafe' Sole'. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: I like higher floors ocean front myself. Don't ever confuse oceanview with Ocean Front. Those...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CJ A
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been to Myrtle beach at least once a year for 14 years, and this is the first review I have written, but I have to write this one. I am so beyond pleased with my experience at the Sandcastle. The rates are reasonable, the parking, plentiful, and the rooms comfortable and clean. But, by far, the best feature of the hotel is an emplyee by the name of Jenny. She will stop whatever she is doing and not rest until whatever you need is done. If she cannot do it herself, she will find someone who can. My husband's fishing pole got sand in it and would not come apart to go in the elevator. She asked what what was wrong, we told her, and she kept trying things until she found someone with the proper tools to get it apart. She obviously loves her job and makes the guests here feel more like family than tourists. I will never stay anywhere else as long as she is an emplyee there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Norma D
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was the second time that we have stayed there. The hotel is not modern but, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is perfect on the beach. The pool was pleasant and the place was well landscaped. The rooms have working a refrigerator stove and microwave. You can't beat the price for what you are getting. Free Wii-Fi too.

Room Tip: It's worth a few extra dollars to stay in ocean front.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sue W
south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is great. I came down just for a night. The place was super clean, the staff was super friendly, & the location can't be beat. I booked through their website and got an incredible deal for the night. I don't understand what people expect from hotels. This place was very, very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chris_FDM, Front Office Manager at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass the compliments along to our staff.
We offer many discounts and deals on our own website and were glad you found one that suited you and led you to have a great stay.
We hope to see you in the future!