“Older hotel, but great location & on the beach!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion

Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion
Ranked #135 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Older hotel, but great location & on the beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed her 3 times in the last couple years..its not a 5 Star but it is good for the money. Rooms have microwaves and Fridge's in rooms too! Close to shopping and great deals on off peak time of the year. They have a coffee pot in room too but they do NOT give u coffee. Strange

Just opened this year at this hotel too, Sole Italian Restaurant...OMG awesome and best Italian we have ever had! Great place and priced well. All homemade too!

Room Tip: We got ocean front....great watching ocean with coffee in the morning too!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LOVEMEXICO213

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

After my nightmare down the boulevard, I stopped at several hotels and viewed rooms, and some were horrible, some were nice but overpriced, and then I walked into this place. It wasn't the biggest, but it had everything I was looking for. My first great impression was with the front desk. A young guy named Chris was there and was very attentive and let me view a room. The hallways were clean, the elevators were clean, and the room was very clean. It wasn't the newest place, but I could tell several things in the room were newer than in several other places I had viewed. The management and owners definitely care about their property. I checked in and was given a lot of directions of where to park and a map to boot. The parking was so plentiful, and all of it within a block. I'm not sure what's wrong with these people saying some is so far. They need to go to the first place I went to. The indoor pool area was so neat with murals on the walls and ceiling. The jacuzzi was hot and very large. This property had a lot going for it for such a small place. During my stay I met several staff members and could call them all by name. I felt so at home. From the housekeeping to the front desk to the maintenance staff, I encountered so many nice people. As for a few comments I saw on here, don't expect coffee in your room, as it's not available at any independent property at the beach to my knowledge. That's a chain hotel thing. And when I missed an iron, I was able to get one at the desk. The rate was so low for what I received. And the restaurant there is the best. I'll have to write a separate review for Cafe' Sole'. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: I like higher floors ocean front myself. Don't ever confuse oceanview with Ocean Front. Those...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CJ A
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been to Myrtle beach at least once a year for 14 years, and this is the first review I have written, but I have to write this one. I am so beyond pleased with my experience at the Sandcastle. The rates are reasonable, the parking, plentiful, and the rooms comfortable and clean. But, by far, the best feature of the hotel is an emplyee by the name of Jenny. She will stop whatever she is doing and not rest until whatever you need is done. If she cannot do it herself, she will find someone who can. My husband's fishing pole got sand in it and would not come apart to go in the elevator. She asked what what was wrong, we told her, and she kept trying things until she found someone with the proper tools to get it apart. She obviously loves her job and makes the guests here feel more like family than tourists. I will never stay anywhere else as long as she is an emplyee there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Norma D
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was the second time that we have stayed there. The hotel is not modern but, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is perfect on the beach. The pool was pleasant and the place was well landscaped. The rooms have working a refrigerator stove and microwave. You can't beat the price for what you are getting. Free Wii-Fi too.

Room Tip: It's worth a few extra dollars to stay in ocean front.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue W
south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is great. I came down just for a night. The place was super clean, the staff was super friendly, & the location can't be beat. I booked through their website and got an incredible deal for the night. I don't understand what people expect from hotels. This place was very, very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chris_FDM, Front Office Manager at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass the compliments along to our staff.
We offer many discounts and deals on our own website and were glad you found one that suited you and led you to have a great stay.
We hope to see you in the future!
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is my first hotel stay right on the beach - so I wasnt sure what to expect. I thought I got a good price on the room - but I am not happy with my overall experience.

Good: Right on the beach @ myrtle beach and close to restaurants and skywheel etc...
The hotel has an indoor pool as well as kiddie pool. I didnt use either though.

Bad: This place is cramped - all over from check-in to parking to the room. The parking structure is across the road which is not as convenient as one on site. The room and corridors smelled of smoke but the front desk says it is a non smoking property. The whole place seemed run down and somewhat dirty. Wi-Fi is totally useless and the folks at front desk dont seem to care about it. It was noisy thoughout the night and I couldnt get proper sleep.

Bottom line is that I not coming back here!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank NaveenNJ
Chris_FDM, Front Office Manager at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is unfortunate that you were not completely satisfied with your visit to our hotel. All of our rooms are non-smoking, however we do have certain floors where smoking on the balcony is permitted. We always try to reserve rooms for our non-smoking guests away from these floors. Hallways and rooms that smell of smoke should be brought to the attention of the staff so the proper actions can be taken.
Sometimes our free Wi-Fi experiences high usage; when this happens there may be signal interference. Some of our planned projects for the winter include adding more hotspots to increase usage capacities for the 2013 season.
Our parking garage is located across the street. The distance between the entrance of the hotel to the parking garage is approximately 249ft. Located between the parking garage and the hotel is our parking lot. Both the parking lots and parking garage are on-site and are available to our guests free of charge.
Even though you did not enjoy your visit to our hotel, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation and continue to visit the Myrtle Beach Area!

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had stayed last year and did not like our stay with them very much. But this year they are great, they are working and will have one of the best places to stay in Myrtle in the near furture. They have cleaned the rooms now and working on getting the indoor pool ready for this winter. They have a great staff.

Room Tip: I love Ocean Front
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Coy A
Chris_FDM, Front Office Manager at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for such a great review!
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit this time around. We appreciate you giving us a second chance and noticing many of the changes we have made. Our indoor pool is currently open and is planned to be open all year round. I will pass the compliment of the staff to the hotel team.
Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future!