Stayed with 5 other families for 1st time and had read the prior reviews about the crazy golf carts and security issues but assumed it was isolated but the reviews were correct. The place is way too crowded and there is way too many golf carts especially at night. They said kids can't drive the carts but they are driving all day and night. Never saw security stop any kids. It was not safe to ride bikes or walk around at night due to the carts. The police were there twice for disturbances. People also reserve beach location with chairs/tents the night before. Never seen anything like that. I see why people like it as the place is very nice, lots to do, you never need to leave but the crazy golf carts ruin the place. We only stayed cause it was highly rated but would not stay again unless the change the golf cart policy. The place is a mini city. Will stay at MBTP next time since they ban golf carts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national award-winning park is known for its amenities, year round activities, and outstanding customer service. Opened in 1971, it is family owned. Ocean Lakes is the 5-time winner of National "RV Park of the Year" by ARVC (2012/2011, 2008/09, 2003-03, 1999 & 1997); received an "A" Grade (2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) by its guests through GuestRated; and is the 2006 South Carolina Governor’s Cup winner. Located on 310 oceanfront acres, Ocean Lakes Family Campground features 893 campsites (600 with concrete pads) and 300 rental houses (beach houses, park models, etc.) reserved through Ocean Lakes Properties. All campsites are pull-through and generally accommodate 40' campers or larger with slideouts on both sides. Tents are welcome. Campsite rates include: 20-30-50 amp electric, water, sewer, 70-channel cable TV hookup, phone jack with free local calls, wi-fi, picnic table, the number in your family and pet(s), see policies on web. Campsite reservations are made up to 18 months in advance according to site availability and sites are reserved by specific site number. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Lake Family Campground
- Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach