it really is disgraceful that they market this place as a family destination. unless you consider mardi gras and spring break as good family activities you should avoid this place. the main problem is the enormous number of drunk adults that scream all night and security that is ineffective. our friends witnessed a moronic drunk adult who was trying to drive a golf carrt and hit a kid on a bike. they called security, the moron took off and when security finally showed up, they did nothing. so you could certainly say that this place is dangerous. nothing wrong with having a good time, but when you hurt other people and are inconsiderate of your fellow human beings and litter what was a beautiful beach, you are wrong and this place was over run with such people......families do not stand a chance here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national award-winning park is known for its amenities, year round activities, and outstanding customer service. Opened in 1971, it is family owned. Ocean Lakes is the 5-time winner of National "RV Park of the Year" by ARVC (2012/2011, 2008/09, 2003-03, 1999 & 1997); received an "A" Grade (2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) by its guests through GuestRated; and is the 2006 South Carolina Governor’s Cup winner. Located on 310 oceanfront acres, Ocean Lakes Family Campground features 893 campsites (600 with concrete pads) and 300 rental houses (beach houses, park models, etc.) reserved through Ocean Lakes Properties. All campsites are pull-through and generally accommodate 40' campers or larger with slideouts on both sides. Tents are welcome. Campsite rates include: 20-30-50 amp electric, water, sewer, 70-channel cable TV hookup, phone jack with free local calls, wi-fi, picnic table, the number in your family and pet(s), see policies on web. Campsite reservations are made up to 18 months in advance according to site availability and sites are reserved by specific site number. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Lake Family Campground
- Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach