My husband's family has stayed at Ocean Lakes for about twenty years during the summer. We purchased a pop up camper a month ago, and this was our maiden voyage.
We arrived after midnight...the grounds were quiet. Quickly set up...go to bed...air conditioning died. So we roll down the canvas sides and get some sleep. Discover it is just a thrown breaker the next morning, and proceed to enjoy!
Bathhouses are bathhouses. They are roomy and clean. As clean as they can be with hundreds of people using them regularly. I was never skeeved out at all. Our three year old is potty training, and he used the bathhouse every day.
Never saw any issues with litter.
Never had any issues with noise. The noise problems are on the campsites that sit on the main roads going through. We were back a bit from the main drive and never had any issues. We did hear the larger trucks going in and out but that was to be expected. We slept too good on this trip1
Garbage was picked up routinely everyday. No problems!
Pool area was great and clean. Well maintained and supervised.
Beach was clean and well maintained.
Playground was clean and well maintained.
Two draw backs: The snack bars are cash only. The ATM does not work very well. So bring cash. Excellent hot breakfasts and pizza.
Nice park...we have reserved again for next year!
Not sure what other reviewers found wrong with OceanLakes, but they clearly have not driven through PirateLand. Oh wow...um no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national award-winning park is known for its amenities, year round activities, and outstanding customer service. Opened in 1971, it is family owned. Ocean Lakes is the 5-time winner of National "RV Park of the Year" by ARVC (2012/2011, 2008/09, 2003-03, 1999 & 1997); received an "A" Grade (2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) by its guests through GuestRated; and is the 2006 South Carolina Governor’s Cup winner. Located on 310 oceanfront acres, Ocean Lakes Family Campground features 893 campsites (600 with concrete pads) and 300 rental houses (beach houses, park models, etc.) reserved through Ocean Lakes Properties. All campsites are pull-through and generally accommodate 40' campers or larger with slideouts on both sides. Tents are welcome. Campsite rates include: 20-30-50 amp electric, water, sewer, 70-channel cable TV hookup, phone jack with free local calls, wi-fi, picnic table, the number in your family and pet(s), see policies on web. Campsite reservations are made up to 18 months in advance according to site availability and sites are reserved by specific site number. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Lake Family Campground
- Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach