We spent one week at a beachfront site with our 36 ft, fifth wheel. Amenities where good. Lots of machines for laundry, lots of swimming either pool or beach. Cable was good. Wi-fi was good. Not overly crowded when we were there (First part of November 2012). However the sites do lack privacy. Would be awesome if there were more trees for shade and maybe some hedges between the sites. Easy pull-thru sites was a plus. Lots of restaurants in the area. Nice for bike riding. Pets are welcome. It was relaxing but by the end of the week we were a little bored. Would we return? I guess, if we were on our way through somewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national award-winning park is known for its amenities, year round activities, and outstanding customer service. Opened in 1971, it is family owned. Ocean Lakes is the 5-time winner of National "RV Park of the Year" by ARVC (2012/2011, 2008/09, 2003-03, 1999 & 1997); received an "A" Grade (2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) by its guests through GuestRated; and is the 2006 South Carolina Governor’s Cup winner. Located on 310 oceanfront acres, Ocean Lakes Family Campground features 893 campsites (600 with concrete pads) and 300 rental houses (beach houses, park models, etc.) reserved through Ocean Lakes Properties. All campsites are pull-through and generally accommodate 40' campers or larger with slideouts on both sides. Tents are welcome. Campsite rates include: 20-30-50 amp electric, water, sewer, 70-channel cable TV hookup, phone jack with free local calls, wi-fi, picnic table, the number in your family and pet(s), see policies on web. Campsite reservations are made up to 18 months in advance according to site availability and sites are reserved by specific site number. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Lake Family Campground
- Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach