We had a wonderful time. Bathhouse was very clean regardless of the time of day. Didn't have a problem with the golf carts or kids as listed in other reviews. We were there for 3 wks in October and the weather was great the majority of the time. Fireworks were a problem with pets but there is no control over it when they are set off on the beach. Met two of the security officers and they were very helpful and very nice every time we saw them patroling the area. One security person said she had been there 15 yrs. That says something for the campground management.
The only thing we were concerned with was the amount of wrecks occurring in the campground. We watched several RVers hit the front of other rvs with the back of their rvs while pulling into their sites. Mainly travel trailers and fifth wheels doing the damage. Very easy to do so pay attention as the roads can be very tight.
As with every campground, there are rules and regulations. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary required as far as we were concerned. We usually ck it out before we get there.
Met some wonderful people and hope to see them there next yr.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national award-winning park is known for its amenities, year round activities, and outstanding customer service. Opened in 1971, it is family owned. Ocean Lakes is the 5-time winner of National "RV Park of the Year" by ARVC (2012/2011, 2008/09, 2003-03, 1999 & 1997); received an "A" Grade (2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) by its guests through GuestRated; and is the 2006 South Carolina Governor’s Cup winner. Located on 310 oceanfront acres, Ocean Lakes Family Campground features 893 campsites (600 with concrete pads) and 300 rental houses (beach houses, park models, etc.) reserved through Ocean Lakes Properties. All campsites are pull-through and generally accommodate 40' campers or larger with slideouts on both sides. Tents are welcome. Campsite rates include: 20-30-50 amp electric, water, sewer, 70-channel cable TV hookup, phone jack with free local calls, wi-fi, picnic table, the number in your family and pet(s), see policies on web. Campsite reservations are made up to 18 months in advance according to site availability and sites are reserved by specific site number. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Lake Family Campground
- Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach