We had our new camper delivered this summer and booked the next weekend at Ocean Lakes. As it was our first trip in a new RV we decided a large fully appointed campground was the best way to make sure it went smoothly. It turned out to be a great idea, as we were constantly back and forth to the campground store getting things we hadn't thought of, and the night security crew were a lifesaver when our 12 yr old learned that, yes, the camper doors really would lock even if the keys were left inside on the table.
Overall we were impressed with our waterfront space, the good friendly service, family atmosphere, and cleanliness of the whole place. Keep in mind, it is a large family campground, not a national park, quiet and remote it aint. But for family camping our 3 small children rode their bikes everywhere, felt very safe and had a ball. Oh, and a whole lot of ice cream to boot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national award-winning park is known for its amenities, year round activities, and outstanding customer service. Opened in 1971, it is family owned. Ocean Lakes is the 5-time winner of National "RV Park of the Year" by ARVC (2012/2011, 2008/09, 2003-03, 1999 & 1997); received an "A" Grade (2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) by its guests through GuestRated; and is the 2006 South Carolina Governor’s Cup winner. Located on 310 oceanfront acres, Ocean Lakes Family Campground features 893 campsites (600 with concrete pads) and 300 rental houses (beach houses, park models, etc.) reserved through Ocean Lakes Properties. All campsites are pull-through and generally accommodate 40' campers or larger with slideouts on both sides. Tents are welcome. Campsite rates include: 20-30-50 amp electric, water, sewer, 70-channel cable TV hookup, phone jack with free local calls, wi-fi, picnic table, the number in your family and pet(s), see policies on web. Campsite reservations are made up to 18 months in advance according to site availability and sites are reserved by specific site number. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Lake Family Campground
- Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach