“Terrible. Please do not visit”
Review of Lancer Motel

Lancer Motel
Ranked #192 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Terrible. Please do not visit”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This place is horrible. Me and my gf have stayed here before and it wasn't so bad for the price. But our recent visit was absolutely terrible. The outlets were broken, there was band aids stuck on the wall, the refrigerator was nt plugged in so there was water on the floor which smelled of mildew . The bed smelled of pee, the tv was in and out all night, there was drug transactions and loud people outside all night. And some suspicious man kept knocking at the door from 3-4 am. I will not be returning I will pay more for another hotel but at least I would feel safe. I usually am not picky about motels as long as there cheap.. But I wouldn't even pay 5 dollars to stay at this place.. Absolutely unacceptable.

• Stayed March 2014
10 Thank Latoniam11

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This motel is very very run down, was forced to stay there because of bike week. They raised their rates as their rooms filled up, the last room went for $150 a night. Getting extra towels was like pulling teeth. The room smelled of molds, I'm surprised the health department has not shut them down.

• Stayed May 2013
12 Thank mudpuppyy

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The bug bite me all night , the cover have blood in it, the matters it was very dirty , I have pic , when I wake up in the morning I saw the mattress I was descusting , will sleep in my car before stay there, in one month the fee change from 35$ to 75 $

• Stayed June 2013
14 Thank Alexmurilloreza
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Where should I start??? It was a last minute choice, pulling up I already felt like I wasn't in "Kansas" anymore. It was a Dump... We had the 2 bd rm.. It was very out dated..smelled like it was closed off for yeArs. During the night drug transactions took place right near our car. Alot of bums and what seemed to be prostitutes walking around.. We received a mysterious phone call during that night.. (Which made me want to check out right then Nd there) and I would be No Refunds!!! Lesson Learned!! Never will stay there again.. It should get closed down

• Stayed March 2013
10 Thank Malik05
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2012

On July 8, 2012 I made a reservation at The Lancer Motel in Myrtle Beach, SC for July 13, 2012-July 15, 2012.(just a weekend getaway for my wife and I. Totally spare of the moment type deal) I gave them my deposit over the phone and at no time did the front desk clerk say that there was a 15 day cancellation period and if i did not cancel within 15 days that my deposit would be forfeited. On July 9th, I called back to advise that I was not going to be able to come down because I was called in to work on that Saturday. They told me that I would have to speak to the manager "Chad" to see if I could get my deposit back. I left a message for Chad on July 10, and he never responded. I called again on July 11th to see if the deposit had been refunded and the front desk clerk said that he saw the notes in the system, but Chad has not touched it yet. I called again this morning at 8am (July 12) to get my deposit back and Chad stated that he would not give it back. My wife and I had to leave after check in 3 years back from the same motel and our card was never charged. I feel that who ever takes the reservations over the phone should have advised me of the cancellation policy and then I could have made a more informed decision as to booking my stay there. There was not 15 days from the time that I made my reservation until the day I was supposed to arrive to cancel. I feel this is unfair and the public needs to be aware of these bad business practices that go on at this establishment.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Bronson M
Thomson, Georgia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Very nice and well worth the price... Can not beat it and wouldn't go anywhere else... Stayed two nights and were able to walk to the beach.

Room Tip: No noise close to everything and very very low price the amount we paid for both nights wasnt even w...