“Don't waste your money!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lancer Motel

Lancer Motel
Ranked #200 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Don't waste your money!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Where should I start??? It was a last minute choice, pulling up I already felt like I wasn't in "Kansas" anymore. It was a Dump... We had the 2 bd rm.. It was very out dated..smelled like it was closed off for yeArs. During the night drug transactions took place right near our car. Alot of bums and what seemed to be prostitutes walking around.. We received a mysterious phone call during that night.. (Which made me want to check out right then Nd there) and I would be No Refunds!!! Lesson Learned!! Never will stay there again.. It should get closed down

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
7 Thank Malik05

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

On July 8, 2012 I made a reservation at The Lancer Motel in Myrtle Beach, SC for July 13, 2012-July 15, 2012.(just a weekend getaway for my wife and I. Totally spare of the moment type deal) I gave them my deposit over the phone and at no time did the front desk clerk say that there was a 15 day cancellation period and if i did not cancel within 15 days that my deposit would be forfeited. On July 9th, I called back to advise that I was not going to be able to come down because I was called in to work on that Saturday. They told me that I would have to speak to the manager "Chad" to see if I could get my deposit back. I left a message for Chad on July 10, and he never responded. I called again on July 11th to see if the deposit had been refunded and the front desk clerk said that he saw the notes in the system, but Chad has not touched it yet. I called again this morning at 8am (July 12) to get my deposit back and Chad stated that he would not give it back. My wife and I had to leave after check in 3 years back from the same motel and our card was never charged. I feel that who ever takes the reservations over the phone should have advised me of the cancellation policy and then I could have made a more informed decision as to booking my stay there. There was not 15 days from the time that I made my reservation until the day I was supposed to arrive to cancel. I feel this is unfair and the public needs to be aware of these bad business practices that go on at this establishment.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bronson M

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Thomson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Very nice and well worth the price... Can not beat it and wouldn't go anywhere else... Stayed two nights and were able to walk to the beach.

Room Tip: No noise close to everything and very very low price the amount we paid for both nights wasnt even w...