Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #36 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
toronto, canada
“great vacation”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed at the sea watch resort the last week of July and had a fantastic time!! We are a family with three kids ages, 15, 13, &11 and we all had fun. The pools are great and the location of the resort could not be better. The DJ on Tues & Thu was amazing and got everyone dancing by the pool... We stayed in the North tower on the 9th floor, which was good. Parking was never a problem, however the elevators are slow especially on Saturdays (check in day). We had a one bedroonm suite and we expected the room to be small for the size of our family and it was what we had expected. However we were not in our room most of the time so it really did not matter. The kitchen was big enough and had ample utensils however they could have used another frying pan... In the bedroom the beds were not that great.....The room was somewhat outdated howver if you are looking for luxeury this is not the hotel. It was great for a family beach vacation and I would highly recoomed the Sea Watch Resort. The staff were very friendly and overall were were very pleased and are hoping to return again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank janmar1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Yonkers, NY
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Okay here's the deal, we went to Sea Watch for a week, the last week of July and it was very nice. However, the place is in need of some serious renovations. We had a 2 bdrm oceanfront in the south tower. It was again, nice. The set-up was perfect and the view, outstanding. It had a huge balcony which was a nice surprise. The decor though was totally 1980's. I had read on this site that the north tower was nicer but our friends' room was over there and their room was even more outdated!! And from the north tower you get a total view of that RV park, which is an eye sore.I didn't see that from our tower. It was decently clean though and that's more important anyway. Housekeeping was decent, they don't change the sheets unless you ask and they only do bare minimum cleaning during your stay.

The pools were great! I have stayed at other properties in Myrtle and these pools were my favorite. We always went to the south tower pools and they never seemed too crowded, of course if you want chairs you have to get down to the pool level by 8:30 - 9 am to do so. But w/people going back and forh from pool to beach it just never seemed too crowded. If you have younger kids the turtle races were cute, you have to purchase the turtle at another building for 5 bucks but they can use it the whole week.

As for the location that people rave about, I just don't agree. I mean it is close to that walmart which is convenient for lots of things, and it's not far from Barefoot Landing, but you can't walk to any stores. The other places I've stayed you could walk to a CVS or 7 eleven, or small restaurant, or somehing, you didn't always have to get in your car, which if you had a good spot was annoying.

The breakfast buffet was nice, since it was included in the price.My daughters loved the chocolate chip waffles, and I enjoyed the omlettes (don't forget to bring singles w/you to tip the guy). I would suggest a little more variety though, like maybe rolls and bagels or something lighter.

One issure we had was that one day our keys just no longer worked and my husband went over to North tower to the front desk and they gave him new ones, so he came back over to our tower and they still didn't work, so he had to go all the way back over to the north tower and by this time he felt like punching someone and then they sent him back over to our tower and tried to find someone from engineering to help. It took over an hour to get this sorted out and he was seething by the time it finally got fixed. Thank God we didn't need anything serious during that time. Getting pool towels is also annoying, you have to go to the North tower for those too and get them at the front desk, At first i waited in line nicely but I mean they are checking people in for like 10 to 15 minutes and I just need a darn towel!! So then I just started interrupting them, (I mean I was polite but still I can't wait all day). They need a new system for that, it's stupid. Put the towels by the pool for Heaven's sake!!

Anyway like I said it was nice, we had a good time. I would probably try a newer property though next time.

1 Thank RedFratt
North Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We had our family reunion (85 people) at Sea Watch and it was GREAT! The staff did everything to make sure that we had a good experience. From the initial booking, to the check in for the participants, the staff went above and beyond. They made sure that some guests were able to check in early, and gave pool passes to the guests that were only visiting for the day. When we had more people than we planned for, the restaurant staff quickly made sure that everyone had seats. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the pool and lazy river area were clean, safe, and well patrolled. We have stayed at Sea Watch many times prior to this event, and will continue to visit.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank DukeMurphy
bucks co., pa
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The Sea Watch is a combination hotel/time share property consisting of a North and South Tower and three Villas. As a Wyndham owner, I stayed in Villa I--terrific!!!

Two bedroom unit, plenty of space. Somehow, we were booked into a Handicapped unit, which was OK but neither one of us required the bars, walk-in shower, etc. Located around the corner from the Tanger Outlet, about 15 mins to Broadway at the Beach.

Very family oriented, repeat travellers (one person I spoke to says they've been coming for the last 18 years. As crowded as it was, you never felt rushed. Kids were well-behaved, and it was quiet in the evening.

Went to a timeshare presentation--HINT: You receive your gifts before you attend the presentation--now that's a switch! Also, went to the buffet breakfast as part of the presentation which was plentiful and tasteful.

There's a lot going on to keep you busy, especially for the kids. There is, however, only one computer with intenet access for the entire complex. They do advertise free WIFI, but I don't usually carry a laptop with me on vacation.

Good restaurants: I recommend The Grand in Barefoot Landing and Fish Bones. Lots of chain restaurants (we ate at Fuddruckkers).

Entertainment: You can see a show everyday if you want to, but we only saw The Grand Cirque at the Palace and the Three Irish Tenors--excellent and not at all costly.

Shopping: anything you want; located close to a Walmart and a food store.

I would highly recommend this resort to just about anyone who likes the pool, the beach, and just plain relaxing. There's something here for everyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank wcfBucksCo_Pa
Cary, NC
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We've been going to Sea Watch each year for many years now. It's a beautiful place in an ideal location. It's a little dated now that it's been there more more than 10 years but the place is kept up pretty well. The facilities are excellent with many pools and right on the ocean. If you get up a little too late (say past 10 am), it's hard to find a chair by the pool. The DJ on Tues and Thurs get the crowd going and it's a real nice (family oriented) party atmosphere. This is a place frequented by families.
My only major complaint is the "ConnectFreely" internet access is not workable. We called tech support and eventually learned (after an on site visit) that the hotel simply didn't pay for enough bandwidth so if too many people are on (which seemed to be the case almost all the time), it locks the bandwidth so it's slow to the point of stopping and basically unusable. I told the management this and they are looking into it.

2 Thank viperflt
OH
Reviewed August 8, 2009

The Sea Watch was a pretty nice place. There were lots of actitivities for kids. My kids were able to tie-dye t-shirts(10-15 per shirt) which was cool. All the staff at the activity center and the hotel were very nice and helpful. The pools, hot tubs and lazy river were nice too. The security guard was good about not letting people reserve chairs forever.
My only dislike was the bathroom in our room. It was very dated and could have used a good deep clean. Also the room is VERY small. It really needs updating.

1 Thank OPELorain
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 7, 2009

This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach. We chose the Sea Watch because of tripadvisor. We were in the North tower on the 8th floor. We had an amazing view of the ocean. We loved to sit on the balcony at night and listen to the ocean. Our room was dated which we knew from pictures ahead of time. But it was comfortable and suited a family of four well. (it was the one bedroom unit) We loved having the kitchen too. The hotel is in a great location, not as busy as some hotel locations we saw. We loved the ocean and the pools. We had a wonderful trip! Parking was also very easy!

1 Thank famof4chicago