“Wonderful Experience”
Review of Sea Watch Resort

Sea Watch Resort
Ranked #36 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My night at Sea Watch Resort in early May was wonderful. The view from my 12th floor ocean front balcony was breathtaking. The curve of the grand strand hugging the breaking ocean was beautiful. Breakfast in the ocean front restaurant was peaceful and delicious.Even more impressive was the hospitality of the management and staff. I highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a beautiful view in several directions.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeMaryann
gsmsw, Guest Service Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for letting everyone know about your stay with us. I am delighted your accommodations and our breakfast at Captain’s Cove were outstanding. Out of all of the amenities we have, it’s our people that make the Sea Watch Resort remarkable. It was our pleasure to assist you in any way we could. We look forward to you and your family’s return soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The positives: Grounds of this resort is well maintained. Lots of pools and hot tubs. Beautiful landscaping. All staff that we ran across were friendly.
Here's a few things that I have learned witch may clear up some confusion for future quests. Although Sea Watch Resort and Wyndham Sea Watch Plantation share the two main towers (north & south), they are two separate companies. Wyndham Sea Watch is time share only. They own some of the rooms above the 12th floor in the towers, and all three villas. They also own room #302 in North tower (where we stayed). Sea Watch Resort (hotel) owns the remaining rooms in the two tower with the exceptions of some private owners.
Our stay: We booked our 2 night stay through an agency who sales off time share points (Ran across them on Craigslist.) Since this was a time share stay we were considered quest of Wyndam Sea Watch and not Sea Watch Resort. I must say we were very pleased with our 2 bedroom condo. The condo was updated, clean, roomy, two balconies, washer & dryer, 2 bathrooms, large dinette table, and had a great view of the ocean even though we were ocean view and not ocean front. I would definitely rate the stay with Wyndham Sea Watch 5 stars. Due to our stay being so nice we decided to stay a 3rd night. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay with the time share so we checked out and booked the 3rd night with Sea Watch Resort (the hotel.) This time we booked a 1 bd. in the same tower (North) room #609. What a disappointment! Upon entering the first thing you notice is the outdated, old bedspreads on the beds. (You know the ones that you shouldn't sleep with because they are never washed.) The room was tiny and very outdated. The kitchen, located in a narrow hallway, could only fit 1 person in it at a time. Needless to say if someone was trying to get to the bedroom the person in the kitchen would have to move out of their way. There were many more negatives such as no washer & dryer, but I think you get the point when I say it was like staying at a Motel 6.
The positives, although the balcony was rather small the view was great! Also, the shower casing appeared to be new so no mildew or old water stains. Also, the washer pressure was great, but as a previous reviewer stated the head is very low. Oddly enough, even though the rest of the room was outdated the TVs had been replaced with flat screens.
To sum things up, Wyndham Sea Watch was great! Sea Watch Resort will not get my business again until they at least update the rooms. For now on I will book through a rental company or find a time share owner wanting to sell off points. One last thing I should mention is that Wyndham nor the hotel will guarantee you an ocean front room. They only guarantee an ocean view. If you book a room through a private owner you know what decor and view your getting a head of time. Either way you book your stay it's in a great location and the grounds are beautiful to look out! I hope this helps :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank shyandrandy

I am so dismayed this was your experience with us. I would love an opportunity to speak with you so that I can address the room layout and amenity concerns you addressed. My email address is guestservices@seawatchresort.com and my direct telephone number is 843-918-7308. Thank you.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is our first stay at Sea Watch. We are very impressed with the resort and the only thing we would change is the room layout....flip the living room area and the bedroom area. It would be great to wake up, open the curtains and see the ocean and beach. The breakfast buffet was OUTSTANDING! Such great service from Martin the Omelet Man and Robert Attaway! They made us smile EVEN before we had our coffee! Looking forward to our day and the pool/beach, the lazy rivers and the Tiki bar!!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LJB8208

Thank you so very much for taking your time to share with everyone about your recent stay with us. It’s our employees like Martin and Robert that truly embody our vision of providing the most exciting, fun-filled, and enjoyable vacation experience ever! We can’t wait to see you and your family again, and for you to take full advantage of all of our wonderful amenities.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a very nice resort. We weren't @ the resort much but we enjoyed the time we were there. When we checked out & got two hours away I realized that I left my iPad in the safe in our room. I called the resort, they sent someone to get it out of the safe. They shipped it to me & I had it back in my possession in 2 days! I will definitely book a room there again in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angel P

It’s wonderful to hear we were able to assist you reunite with your items! I will pass your warm comments to our housekeeping department which handles all of our lost and found inquiries. I know they will be eager to hear them. Thank you so much for your comments and we hope your to see you and your family shortly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

When booking At Sea Watch Resort..we booked for a one bedroom condo. Area was very small for 2 adults and 2 kids and more like a motel room than condo. Would not book this size "condo" for a family of 4 even with small children.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Donhardcamp

Thank you for sharing with everyone of your experience at the Sea Watch Resort. I was disheartened to hear our one bedroom oceanfront unit was not able to make your stay outstanding. We offer several other types of units including one bedroom deluxe, two and three bedroom units that have more square footage than your unit. You may visit seawatchresort.com and take a virtual tour of all unit types,and our view unit layouts. If you choose to stay with us again, please contact me at guestservices@seawatchresort.com and I will assist in finding the right unit for you and your family.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The weather this year for the first week in May was the worst. The staff at Sea Watch made our stay as comfortable as possible. One thing we would have liked would be a bar and lite food service inside the lobby area. This would be nice for off season visitors tired from travel and looking to unwind after a long trip, a little welcome oasis to get you into the vacation mode

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 53449joeyb_B_13

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments. I am glad to hear that our staff was warm and friendly even if the weather outside needed improvement. I will happily pass your comments onto our Food and Beverage Manager so that we may accommodate our off season guests. Thank you again for choosing the Sea Watch Resort and we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We want to say thank you to all the personnel working at the Sea Watch in Myrtle Beach during our stay from April 19, 20, 21, 2013 Our stay was absolutely wonderful, thanks to the entire staff that made us feel so welcome, from the management staff, front desk personnel, down to the servers and room service personnel. Although the weather was very cold during our stay, it did not dampen our experience whatsoever. We especially liked Tracy Mulkey, the Banquet Captain. What an absolutely delightful individual, personable, helpful, and fun. I think she needs a raise for all of her outstanding kindnesses extended to everyone she comes in contact with. We'll be back some day and hopefully can stay at the Sea Watch again in the same condo on the 15th floor.

Room Tip: Our condo on the 15th floor #1516 was outstanding and it faced the ocean. Nice kitchen area with gr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Arthur R
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

It is so nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Sea Watch Resort based on the service you received from the staff. Thank you for sharing your experience and praise you had for one particular individual, Tracy Mulkey. Tracy has worked at Sea Watch Resort since 1999 and is truly an asset to our guest service expectations. We look forward to having you as a returning guest and hope the weather cooperates a little better too.

Kathy King