“A TN Vol”
Review of Sea Watch Resort

Sea Watch Resort
Ranked #36 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was our fourth visit to Sea Watch and we will hopefully be able to go back next year. We had an oceanfront room on the fourth floor in the South Tower and the view of the ocean from our balcony was spectacular!

2  Thank Patricia J
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home! The South Tower does have some very fantastic ocean views as does the North Tower. We too hope you are able to return next year and if there is anything I can assist you with please let me know.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

EXCELLENT 6 days/5 nights stay at this OCEANFRONT resort!! Our wedding was more than I could have ever dreamed. The room was spacious, clean, and PLENTY of towels & wash clothes! We were pleased with room service, customer service & management!! We were a party of 200+ adults & 30+ kids, the service from every single employee we encountered was AWESOME!!!! Trust & believe we worked those employees & the answer was NEVER "NO!"

THANKS FOR MAKING OUR STAY FANTANSTIC!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are nice & sunny
2  Thank Angela R

Yes, it was a wonderful wedding! We were honored to be part of making such special memories for so many that will last a lifetime and talked about often. We hope you see you on your first anniversary if not sooner!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The biggest change since our first visit last year was the Housekeeping Dept. We were there 5 days and only got our room properly serviced 1 day. Flooring was only mopped and vacuumed once ! They were out of wash cloths 2 days. Otherwise it was fine.

1  Thank Roger J

Thank you for returning a second time to Sea Watch Resort. I apologize for our failure to provide you with the housekeeping service that you should have received. I hope that you will return for a third time and if any area of our guest service is not giving you an outstanding vacation to please let me know right away.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great location, beach, amenities and value. Clean, convenient and well laid out resort. Pools, lazy rivers and hot tubs, plus activities for guests. This resort has everything, without the sky high prices. Look no further.........

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Golfkoach

Thank you for your positive comment about your visit to Sea Watch Resort. It's nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and Myrtle Beach area. Refurbishments have just started on all the pool deck area so when you return you will see an ever grander pool scape. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was forced to stay at this hotel because of a wedding. When I first came on, I was excited and planning to have my family come back for Thanksgiving. NEVER! The hotel is old, smells horrible and the service sucks. The front desk staff is not helpful and we asked for late check out because of the wedding they said no. But of course when we paid for the entire room all was cool. We had to get back home after the wedding, so we ended up paying $105. for 4 hours. We even offered to pay like $50 for the additional hours, but no the management would not do that saying they were full which is a lie because we were able to pay full price and magically availability appeared.

I always stay with the Oceana group and that will not change. I agree with some of the other reviews. If you are looking for just ok, then fine... If you are looking for an old suite with outdated furniture and fixtures, this is your spot...

I work in Customer Service and management as well, so I know that anything can be done if the manager wants to. Sorry Sea Watch, it's obvious that you don't care about this one customer, but I know people use this site for decision making and my review will matter and be read by many!

The Anderson or Best Western Carolinian remain my two favorite hotels @ Myrtle Beach!!!

Room Tip: Another hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Natarsa P

Please accept my apology for not being able to accommodate your requested late check out the morning of your departure. I hope you will consider returning to Sea Watch as planned during Thanksgiving and ask that you contact me to personally handle your reservation.

kking@seawatchresort.com

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have been coming to Sea Watch since it was first built. We love the location for shopping and restraurants. The complex offers waterfront rooms, several pools and a great spot on the ocean.
The beaches are beautiful and there are not a million resorts on top of one another.

1  Thank Dianne R

We love having you return year after year and appreciate your business so much! Thank you for you loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

my mother and i will be staying at the sea watch nxt week for my birthday & some antique shopping.. after reading some good reviews and a few awful ones, we are optimistic that we will have a good stay! i hope we get one of the nicer rooms.. i will give an actual review afterwards for sure!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank karaleighbrown143
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Happy soon to be Birthday to you! Sound's like you have a great weekend planned. To better respond to your post please email me your name and reservation number so I can see if you did reserve with Sea Watch Resort, the on sight rental company.

kking@seawatchresort.com