Message from TripAdvisor:

“50th Birthday Beach Vacation”
Review of Sea Watch Resort

Sea Watch Resort
Ranked #36 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rural Hall, North Carolina, United States
“50th Birthday Beach Vacation”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have stayed at Sea Watch many times throughout the years. I booked a vacation to celebrate my 50th birthday this year. We stayed in the south tower in unit 1117 for 8 days and 7 nights. The unit was very clean and well stocked with everything we needed. The furnishings were a bit dated, but I don't go to the beach to stay in the room or watch TV. The staff has always been very helpful and courteous addressing any issues we have ever had. Maid service was fantastic even though we declined it during most of the week as we clean up after ourselves just like we are at home. The central air was so cold we had to turn it down and it was very nice to have the washer/dryer in the unit to do vacation laundry throughout the week. Sea Watch is in a great location because it delivers some privacy yet is close to everything in minutes. We didn't have any issues with noise late at night and the resort seems to get quiet late in the evening. My brother in law and his wife came to stay a few nights had a mishap in the parking area under the building. During the night someone had dropped a bottle of Mike's hard lemonade from the outdoor hallway from one of the floors on the 13th to 16th onto their car and cracked the drivers side window also putting a dent in the side of their car. We could narrow down the floors it was dropped from but finding which occupants would be difficult. Since the resort assumes no damages they have to pay for repairs themselves and I realize that no matter where you stay there are going to be irresponsible people present so we took precautions and moved our cars to the top parking deck. I am glad that there was no one standing near the car because someone could have gotten seriously injured. I would also like to address the laser pointers that seemed to be used against resort policy; I felt it very uncomfortable to have a laser pointed at me as I walked either through the pool area or on the beach during our stay in the evening. Even though the resort prohibits the use of lasers being used, you still have idiots who cannot follow simple rules. Overall we had a great vacation and I will probably stay here again on our beach vacation next year as the issues we had to deal with had little impact on our stay and the fun we had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin S
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Happy Birthday! Thank you so much for sharing such a special occasion with us. I am so glad that overall you and your family had a great vacation and that you are thinking about returning again. I was so sorry to hear about what happened to your family members car. It is unfortunate that things like that could happen anywhere and I am so glad that no one was hurt. I am so sorry that there vehicle was damaged. I hope that you and your family will celebrate with us again next year too.

Sabrina Hilliard, AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Cherryville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at the Sea Watch Resort last year as well as this year. Last year we went through a private company that kept us from getting housekeeping. This year we booked through the Resort and enjoyed all the wonderful work that the housekeeping and rest of the staff gave us. Anytime we needed anything they was right there to make sure we got it. At one point in time i was neededing tickets to somewhere and the ladies at the front desk was right there to get them for me online. Whenever we walked through the doors of the hotel loby area we was greated with a smile and freindly people. Lots of fun stuff for both my kids and my husband and I to do. I do recommend the North Tower for anyone wanting to be where the action it. It is a fun family place to stay and we meet some wonderful people there.

Thank you for all you do to make sure the customers feel like they are home again. We will return next year...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly O
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone how much you enjoyed your vacation. I am so glad that the staff was so friendly and helpful. We appreciate you very much and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon. Thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed in room 1106 on the north tower. The view was fantastic, the lobby was nice, and the front desk lady was pleasant. However, as soon as we stepped out of the elavator on the 11th floor... We knew it would be bad. Our room was right by the elevators and ice machine. So it was very noisy all night. In the room there is a window by the bed that looks out to the hallway. There is a curtain but we still found it very strange and noisy. The room was very dirty. The floors had spots, the walls were filthy, and kitchen was not scrubbed down. The bathroom was the worst! The shower curtain had stains, there were other peoples hair on the counters, the sink was crusty, the floor hadn't been cleaned, the toliet had black scuff marks on the seat. My 3 year old kept saying "yuck, stinky"
We called the front desk and they showed us another room we could move into but it smelled very bad. We eventually decided to leave the hotel for a nicer place. The manager gave us our money back and was accomadating. But no one ever just offered to come clean our room really good. I wouldn't recommend this place at all. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Djarnold
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
It is very disappointing that your room was not as it should have been. Please know that we have already addressed this with housekeeping and are taking steps to prevent this from happening again in the future. I know that the staff had tried to find you another room and I am so sorry that they were not able to. We appreciate you letting us know what happened. If you change your mind and decide to think of us again, I would be happy to book your reservations for your personally.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were part of a large group(16) of family and friends for a week long stay 7-21-12 through 7-28-12 at Sea Watch Resort. I think we all had a good time, but it was just not what we expected based on the reviews we read.Most in our group felt the rooms were smaller than what we had anticipated. Our room was privately owned and had some recent updating, but the air conditioning was not the best.Others in our group had air conditioning problems and there rooms needed updating. Housekeeping was okay, and for the most part the hotel personnel were fine. Our group stayed in the North tower which is where most of the activities seem to take place, which was a good thing; because for the most part it's a pretty laid back atmosphere during the day.The pool party was a lot of fun and it seemed like people were really excited for that day.

I must say the breakfast buffets were very good, and the restaurant staff was also very good. The beach area is not the biggest, and can get pretty crowded be careful during high tide the water comes up pretty far. We didn't have any problems with belongings during high tide but some folks did. One thing I would like to mention everyone in our group signed up for the breakfast meals at a discounted price when we booked in January, everyone had a problem at check in receiving the breakfast tickets we ordered, you had to ask for them they weren't in your packet at check in. In closing I would say this is not a bad resort, just not what we were looking for.

Room Tip: The bedroom condos were really nice and had plenty of room. But the other rooms are a little smaller...
1 Thank Donald M
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your group's experience. It seems that overall your group had a great time although I am sorry that you were all disappointed with the size of some of the units. You mentioned a few maintenance and housekeeping issues but it seems that it might have been for different rooms. I hope that we were able to take care of everything during your stay. I hope that you might reconsider us again in the future. We have larger room types available and we would be happy to discuss them with you.

Sabrina Hilliard
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had the best experience with this hotel. we were running a day ahead of schedule and called to see if we could check in a day early when I to see the rates went down and they ended up crediting us with the cheaper rates which gave us a night free with a extra$140 credit which we used for the tiki bar by the pool and for breakfast at the hotel and still left with a credit. I found that to be a nice surprise because they didn't have to tell us or give us the cheaper rates cause I already paid for the trip prior. we then came to the room it was clean a little out dated but even as we were there they were updating lamps and tvs. housekeeping was awesome when I asked for extra towels they gave a bunch and not just one like most hotels. location was great directly on the beach and the pools were keep clean along with the grounds. The kids had a blast the resort had activities all week for them . they never once were bored. overall great experience and can't wait to.go back!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank dinap78
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about how much you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are so pleased that you had a great time and that you are planning to return again in the future. Thank you so much for your warm words and your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The pro's of this resort are the amenities: Various pools and hot tubs, lazy river, great beachfront access and restaurant, tiki bar, ice cream shop and arcade on sight. That being said, the rooms are very small, narrow, dated and DIRTY! When we first checked into our room in the North tower, there were dirty pans in the sink and an open yogurt container on the kitchen counter that was half empty. The kitchen area was not clean at all. During our stay, the maid service dumped the garbage and made the beds daily, that was it. The room remainded dirty the entire time and we had to request more towels and toilet paper as they were not stocked daily. The pull out sofa had no sheets in the room or extra blankets or pillows. We were in a room right by the elevator and ice machine so we were waken every night from loud people getting off the elevators or every morning people going to the beach/pool and being loud and getting ice. I felt dirty the whole time there and didn't want to walk on the floors without shoes or touch anything. Amenities are great but the high price and room conditions will keep me away, never going back there!

2 Thank Hillary W
I am so sorry that this happened during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and even though there were some positives about your stay, I am disappointed that you were not able to be comfortable in your room. I would like to address this with housekeeping but I am not sure which unit you stayed in. If you wouldn't mind I would greatly appreciate it if you would let me know which unit you were in so that I can speak with housekeeping directly. My email address is Sabrina@seawatchresort.com and my direct telephone number is 843-918-7311.

Blauvelt
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I went with my daughter to look at condos for purchase so we purposely stayed at Sea Watch to see what it was like (we were considering a condo there). My biggest concern is that the hallways are extremely dark and smell. The room we stayed in was ok - nothing to write home about, but clean so I liked that. The pool areas were very nice, and the breakfast buffet was good. Staff was extremely helpful, but I just couldn't get over how dark the hallways were at night. No lights were on (we were on the 8th floor of the north tower).

My daughter went in the pool late at night and while cold, she had a great time. I found it nice that kids were all over, but there were also groups of adults around enjoying themselves.

It is not on the main Myrtle Beach strand. So you have a ways to drive to get to the "Action".

Not a bad place by any means, but not the best. Got a good deal - would not have wanted to pay full price.

Room Tip: I did not like the North Tower - maybe stay in the South Tower, or ask if they have lights in the ha...
2 Thank Donna C
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay. I am sorry that you decided not to purchase a unit to own. It seems that overall you had a great stay and we will share your concerns with property management about the lighting issue in the hallway on the 8th floor. I know that all the floors are lit at night so we will ask them to check the bulbs. I hope that you might consider us again in the future and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.