“Not good”
Review of Court Capri Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Court Capri Motel
Ranked #133 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in September and unfortunately didn't check the rooms. The reception looked ok so we payed expecting it to be good as the visitors centre had sent us. I've learned a valuable lesson check first despite who sends you. This hotel was very dowdy, the rooms didn't appear that clean and the reception person appeared as if he couldn't be bothered so was a big disappointment, in fact I didn't get into the bed instead chose to sleep on top. I wouldn't recommend this motel at all.

Room Tip: We didn't use either room service or spa so can't judge but going by the rest of the motel w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EveElizHelen

Reviewed October 1, 2013

NEVER have I been so dissatisfied in any hotel! Checked in on sept 30th at 1pm and out 6pm... It was an awful experience! This was not my first stay here but it was the first time in probably 5-6yrs. This hotel has gone to " crap". Rotten ceiling tile in the bathroom with black mold on the ceiling and the baseboards. Left outta there as soon as I saw a cockroach crawling out of a drawer! Front desk was just not helpful at all. Had to wait until the next morning to go BACK TO RHE HOTEL to try to get a refund!!! Very dissatisfied with the 1/2 refund. Please believe me - I am really not that picky a person. This hotel needs tone torn down!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank NanaRita2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed on the nights of 9/20/13 & 9/21/13 and was somewhat disappointed. The first night I had to go down and ask for washcloths. The night desk person searched the hotel and was able to "find" two. Really? Find only two? The next morning (Saturday) I left the room for 5/6 hours and when I came back after the room had been cleaned, I found 1 towel and NO washcloths!! Another trip downstairs and the desk clerk was off again to find some washcloths. He went across the street, then back upstairs and came up with 4 this time! Really? While I was waiting on him to get back, a woman came down for the same thing, towels and washcloths. I can't believe that hotel of this standard does not have the money to buy washcloths and towels; or maybe does not have the appropriate help to do a good job. There were bugs in the room and under the beds were filthy. Then the maids have the nerve to leave an envelope in the room for tips! Yeah, right I am going to leave tips for poor service. I stayed here last year at the same time, but you can bet that I will not stay here next year.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank myname g
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Checked in one room....the floor was soaking wet in annex building,had to move into main building for one night, and then back to the annex the next morning, when i entered the room..the smell hit u at th door, i told my 5 year old not to touch nothing. The carpet was filthy, stains in the couch, nasty bathroom, chair broken, and everything in the kitchen was rusty...i checked out early, my 5 year old was so disappointed, i checked out 3 days early, couldnt put my child in such disgrace...wont ever stay or recommend anyone else to stay again

3  Thank Zhane17
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in very bad condition. The rooms smelled the evlevator smelled, the hotel looks as if its never cleaned I would never stay here aagain. Staff is not at all friendly. The hotel tub smelled an the chairs were broke. The hotel is not worth 100 a night..

4  Thank junebugg5666
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Thought I would come here one more time with hopes that the owner would invest their money in remodeling and repairs. I really don't want to go somewhere else next year because I've brought my kids here since they were little. Not only that, the staff is so friendly and accommodating. But the ceilings are falling in as well as the elevator floor. So I think this will be my last visit here. I can't be worrying about the safety of my family just to keep a tradition.

3  Thank Jackie B
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It is an older hotel BUT they are renovating a little at a time. The elevators do smell but when you have 150 plus wet/sandy people moving around in one elevator (that is carpeted) all day and night, it is bound to smell some. No evidence of bugs anywhere. The room was great. We stayed in room 714. It has 2 queen beds, a love seat, kitchen table & 4 chairs, a chair to sit in and a dresser. There was a floor lamp that had the shade falling off it that we didn't bother to plug in and use. There is NOT a phone or an alarm clock (first time I have been in a hotel without either of these things.) There is not a hair dryer. There is an ironing board and an iron. LOTS of closet space, but bring your own hangers. The beds were AMAZINGLY soft. Better than the Holiday Inn Express we stayed at a month ago. The kitchen doesn't have much. Apartment sized stove/oven. The big burner didn't work but the 3 small ones did. We didn't use the oven so I am not sure how it worked. I would suggest bringing some utensils, pots & pans if you plan to cook anything. You need to bring your own dish liquid and supplies also. There is a charcoal grill out back if you want to grill. There is a water hose out by the pool so when you get off the beach you can hose your feet off to remove any sand. The bathtub has powerful water pressure (LOVED IT). The towels are not soft. They are scratchy & stiff to be honest. Didn't feel good at all against my sunburn. There are 3 hot tubs. 2 indoor and 1 outside. They aren't very hot though. There is 1 indoor pool and 1 outdoor pool. There is a baby pool outside also. There is a sundeck on the roof that has a bathroom up there. Honestly, I would let a rat use that bathroom. It was disgusting to even look at. There are lounge chairs up there to sun on and one of the indoor (heart shaped) hot tubs is up there. There is only 1 ice machine located on the first floor. There is 2 washer/dryer sets on each floor. The staff there are great. The maintenance staff (Mr. Boston) was so great and chatted with everyone. Tamela (I think was our housekeepers name. We called her fancy nails because she had the best looking nail designs ever!) she was the BOMB DOT COM! She filled us in on all the little secrets of the town and were to go. She was great. If I could suggest anything to the owner for changes I would say, porch lights on the balcony would be great. I would also invest in more comforters for the beds. They are stained and outdated for sure. I would also take down the "game room" part or your sign across the street. It's misleading. I would also make sure you have updated information at your registration counter. We picked up some business cards for the hotel (to help spread the word) and on the back it had a 2009 calendar on it. Doesn't show much thought or pride from the owner. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone. We are already planning our vacation there next summer. Amazing ocean view, amazing staff & priced well. One mile from The Boardwalk so noise level is minimal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family