Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort
$258
$200
$179
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
BestWestern.com
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$145
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$111
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$103
Official Site
$257
$224
Hampton.com
$207
$155
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$107
Official Site
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$124
$111
4,551 results
All reviewspinnacle buildingcrows nestlazy riversrose restauranttiki hutocean frontwater slidesfree dvd rentalsbreakfast buffetacross the streetparking garageoff seasonbedroom condoindoor and outdoor poolsfamily vacationrecommend this resortrooms were very clean
Reviewed June 28, 2007

By far, the nastiest place I have seen other than $50 dollar a night dives. Looked at several rooms, decided I had better ways to blow $1300 dollars than on an overpriced dump. Staff were neither friendly, nor helpful.

Beware!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank bncgal
Reviewed June 26, 2007

My family of 5 stayed at the Compass Cove the first week on June /07.
We stayed in the large Yellow building (not sure whcih one that is)
It seemed a little dark and old looking inside BUT
VERY clean and NO bugs! That was a big thing. The maids were friendly and helpful, the front desk not so friendly.
The Crow's nest restaurant/bar, friendly staff not great food for the price.
Only used the pool once as the Ocean was fantastic but the grounds were cleaned every morning and they seemed quite thorough.

Canada!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank canada8
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Given the number of oceanfront resorts in and on Myrtle Beach, I do not believe I would choose to stay here again primarily because the room rate ($448.00 for two nights) did not match the resort’s Web site description of “luxurious,” and therefore, what I was expecting. Other rooms may be luxurious; ours definitely was not.

My husband and I and our two children (ages 15 and 12) stayed in the Schooner building in an “oceanfront mini suite," June 22 and 23.

The positives: We did have a beautiful view of the ocean. It was truly an oceanfront room. The parking was great. There’s a parking deck immediately adjacent to the street side of the schooner building, and there were plenty of spaces available. The staff was generally nice, especially our waitress at the Compass Rose restaurant (open only for breakfast). The buffet breakfast was adequate though I’m not sure it was worth the $8.95 price.

The negatives: The room had a musty, moldy smell and a shabby feel. The bathroom was tiny, and the shower/tub’s faucet dripped continuously. There’s no door between the oceanfront bedroom and the kitchenette/bathroom sink area. (Study the room diagrams carefully; I wish I’d noticed this before I booked the suite.) The kitchen cabinets and appliances need updating. There was an old coffee maker, but no coffee. (To be fair, coffee wasn’t mentioned in the room’s description and I probably shouldn’t have expected it; but I did, probably because so many chain motels consistently provide it now.) A couple of wine glasses would have been a nice addition to the “basic cookware and dinnerware”; but again, that may be an unreasonable expectation. The carpeting was frayed and unraveling in places, which normally wouldn’t be a big deal. However, the resort’s Web site states that they have “over 530 luxurious units.”

Big Turn-Off: The services of the concierge, who we were encouraged by the front desk staff to consult before venturing out to any restaurants or attractions, were apparently limited to offering discounts tied to our visiting a local time share resort for a ninety minute tour. We didn’t.

4  Thank adigression
Reviewed June 19, 2007

The price Priceline gives you IS NOT THE PRICE YOU WILL PAY! TACK ON $45 EXTRA PER DAY! NOTE THAT THE TAXES AND FEES MAY APPLY AND THEY SURE DO!!!!!!!!
This hotel was ok, and honestly I don't know where the bad reviews come from unless they are expecting 5 star first class all the way. It's going to have noisy kids, and long waits for the elevator @ the height of summer, but the room was great, and I was really relieved. I have stayed in some stinkers @ MB, and paid MORE! (I.E. The Patricia Grand, this was in 2003, but never again!)This is on the south side of Myrtle Beach which was great for my family w/ a 7 year old. It's a little further down from the scene w/ kids cruising in the cars which has more of a spring break feel. There was very gross moment though, there was a rubber in the pool.
Outside of that, the staff were helpful and the room was clean and didn't smell, beds were soft and tastefully decorated. I will post pictures soon.
The lazy river was a favorite, and needless to stay, we didn't go back in the rubber pool.
Looking back, the rubber is the main reason for the neutral/average rating.

7  Thank KatyMC
Reviewed June 19, 2007

My wife and I had a great time in Myrtle Beach with our 5 and 7 year old- except for the accomodations at Compass Cove. Before arriving, our expectations were shaky but we thought we would make the best of things. First, the hotel is shabby, understaffed and run down. Check-in was a little discouraging due to the long lines and less than cheerful staff. The suite was located in the Pinnacle building and was a decent size but appointed with old, outdated furniture and appliances. Luckily we were on the 2nd floor, the elevators rarely worked. Maybe this is par for the course in Myrtle but we are used to nicer hotels and more inviting staff. Speaking of Myrtle, we have never seen so many obese families. Parents and children stuffing their faces at buffets, on the beach and at the pool. Anyway, if this
hotel fits your budget- enjoy. If you are used to a classier environment- look elsewhere.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank Todd T