“Upgraded Pinnacle End Unit was the best.”

Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Our stay at the Compass Cove was so relaxing. We stayed in the large tower, the Pinnacle on the north side in end unit 852. When we came in the light was on and everything was immaculate. The unit has been updated with a new king bed, which in the 52's is a rarity. Also there are flat screen TV's in the bedroom and living area. I understand the couches will be the next to be upgraded in the Pinnacle and eventually draperies, new chair, paint and carpet. The new plan is very nice. The staff at the desk were welcoming, professional and handled the short line quickly. The Crow's Nest was our choice one evening for a quick bite and we watched part of a ballgame on the flat screens placed around. Our choice for dinner the previous evening was Angelo's which is close by on King's Highway. They have an Italian buffet, and the best Veal Marsala, sweet and yummy and the best steaks around served on a sizzling plate.
Our trip was short, but we look forward to returning. This property keeps improving and they stay very competitve even though newer properties are now available. The waterfeatures are the best and well maintained and there will be a brand new waterslide which is now under construction. Hot fun in the summertime!!!!
Compass Cove is the best.
C & M F
Raleigh, NC

6  Thank bambooger

Reviewed December 27, 2009

Each year in December for the past 11 years we go to Myrtle Beach for 5 days of golf and relaxation. The first years we experimented with different hotels until we found a home at Compass Cove the past 6 or 7. We have been delighted with every aspect of our stay here from making the reservations, the rooms and restaurants and the pools and hot tubs, and every single staff member we encounter.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank doublebogie7
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Most of the dishes in our room were dirty and/or missing. We reported it to the front desk so that we would not be charged. The web site stated that we had to pay a $100 cash deposit upon arrival. We were told that we could not receive a refund for the deposit until the cleaning staff checked the room. For that reason, we started the check-out process at 7 AM, thinking that we would have to wait a couple of hours. That way, we would have some time to do some shopping before heading home. When we checked out, no one checked our room and we were given our deposit. Needless to say, it was too early to shop, so we left Myrtle Beach to return home.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2009

I chose Compass Cove because Breakers was booked and Trip advisor reviews were really good. My boyfriend and I went down for my birthday for 2 nights. Checkin was smooth, front desk staff was nice. However, I always forget to pack something and so when I called for a toothbrush, I had to walk down in the cold to the front desk to get it. They would not deliver to my room. I did not utilize the fitness room, sauna, nor pools. Breakfast buffet was really good about $17 total for the two of us. My boyfriend liked using the waffle machine. We were able to park in the adjacent deck which was tight driving thru. Additional parking was across the street but we never needed it. We did not visit the bar, but each night we came in, there was music, laughing, and lots of smoke as we walked by. Efficiency King Room was clean with the exception of the mold under the soap dispenser in shower (YUCK)...no bed bugs spotted (I always check). Bed was comfortable although only 3 flat pillows. I didnt want to have to walk in the cold to get more. Lamp on dresser didnt work because outlet was dead...so we had to hunt for another to plug up the iron. Kitchen was furnished well with dishes although the cabinet they were in smelled of bug spray. Some mold around the kitchen faucet sink...the black stuff gives me the creeps. We used the do not disturb sign as needed and were not bothered by maids until the last day...they even walked in on us if you know what I mean. Later, exactly at checkout time, the front desk called to make sure we were on our way down. Most places give you at least a half to one hour courtesy to check out. Overall it was a good stay, but I've not found one hotesl in Myrtle Beach yet that I would consider true 4-5 star RESORT. I'm sorry, I'm just used to a little bit better.

Reviewed December 16, 2009

Stayed in the Mariner - 3 Bedroom, 2 BA Oceanfront condo with my husband, sister and brother-in-law. Our son graduated from Coastal Carolina University on Dec. 12, so we planned a mini vacation around that. I searched the internet for a roomy condo with indoor pools, lounge, restaurants and wireless internet and Compass Cove provided all that. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, food is good, indoor pools warm ( it was December and cold out) it is close to the airport and the price was right. If we come back to Myrtle Beach, I will come back to Compass Cove! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank patannL
Reviewed December 12, 2009

We stayed at Compass Cove from November 30 to December 4th. The numerous indoor and outdoor pools were very clean as were the hotel grounds. The staff was very friendly and informative. We ate breakfast at the Compass Rose and the food was great.. Our oceanfront room was very clean and reasonably priced. Overall an excellent resort hotel.

13  Thank Daddus
Reviewed December 11, 2009

This was our eighth stay at Compass Cove and once again it was even better than before. We will definately be back! The staff is very helpful and always friendly. The room was cleaned early every day and exceeded our expectations. Our Oceanfront suite was the perfect size at the perfect price. Give this place a try for sure. Breakfast at Compass Rose is the best at the beach.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple