“Loved Compass Cove” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wethersfield, CT
“Loved Compass Cove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2006

Fully renovated rooms, ocean front, especially the efficiency, indoor and outdoor pools and spas make this especially nice on the Strand. It is within walking distance of all the fun attractions, but a fairly private ocean front. Reasonably priced for its excellent location. Efficiency has two queen beds, kitchenette, living area, slider to small deck, nice bathroom - just renovated this past winter. I particularly liked being up on the 10th floor as it was away from outdoor noise, and a beautiful view of the ocean.

Center area is best - the two side buildings form a wind barrier when sitting on the deck.

11 Thank CJW199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,028)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2006

I thought that the prices of the rooms were too expensive for the type of room that you received. I got my room on Hotwire so I didn't know where I was going to stay until I made the purchase. Once I got there, I paid for an upgrade which was about $120 more. I received a King suite which was not all that great. The bathroom was small, the carpet and kichenette was not cleaned properly. I didn't even want to walk barefoot on the rug. The housekeeping was awful! They didn't even come to my room to clean up. On the morning of checkout, there was a time change. The housekeepers went around to the different rooms banging on doors and threatening to charge guess for an additional day if they didn't get up and out. The parking was the worst part! At night if you went out, you wouldn't be able to find parking when you returned. There's additional parking across the street but that parking garage was usually full too. On top of all of that, they're remodling so you can imagine that chaos! I don't think that I wouldnever stay at the Compass cove again!

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

Coming from Florida, I was skeptical of going to another state and staying at a beach resort when there were plenty of resorts right here in my own backyard. While the resort was completing its renovations, I was impressed with so many swimming pools and hot tubs, the location on the ocean (not to mention the cleanliness of the beaches), the room itself which was just renovated, and the helpfulness of the staff. Our stay was enjoyable and the sea food nearby was great. We were on the 14th floor and had an awesome view. Coffee on the balcony at sunrise was picture perfect.

• Stayed March 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

We stayed a week with the kids and they enjoyed the pool and its easy access to the Wonderfull Beach. Great Location close to the shopping and Rides for the Kids.

Would recomend ti to any one!!!!!

8 Thank coble w
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

We have stayed at the Compass Cove Resort two years in a row now and am booking my families vacation again for this year. We are especially looking forward to this year as we have heard about the extensive renovations done this past winter. The resort is located close to all of the attractions which we, as a family, enjoy. The resort is clean and the children love the pools and lazy rivers as well as the many children's summer activity programs offered. The resort also has a restaurant which serves a good breakfast every morning, which we enjoy eating before our early morning walks on the beach. If you want a relaxing family vacation in a clean and friendly resort, than I would highly recommend The Compass Cove Resort for your vacation. We wouldn't stay anywhere else on the Grand Strand.

• Stayed July 2005
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

We had the distinct displeasure of booking a stay at the Compass Cove resort in October of 2005. It was an oceanfront room with a balcony with a kitchen and king size bed. Sounds pretty good huh? The first thing I noticed when we walked in the room was the horrible odor of cigarette smoke. I was never offered a non-smoking room. The king size bed that we got was actually 2 twin size beds pushed together. When you went into the living room/dining room it had a love seat, a kitchen table with 3 chairs (2 of which had tears in the cushion). Needless to say, we both had to sit on the love seat as there was nothing else in the room. We spent as little time as possible in the room. In addition, the hotel was under construction. We were not informed of that either when we booked our stay. Our rates were not any lower either. The final straw was when on the last day of our stay, as we packed our belongings, we discovered that our camera had been stolen out of our room. When we arrived back home, I immediately wrote a letter to the management. I never heard from them. I would suggest that anyone thinking of booking a stay at Compass Cove think long and hard about it.

• Stayed October 2005
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
16 Thank CelindaJo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

Have stayed at Compass Cove several times. I think they are in the process of really turning this place around. Exterior is really nice including the many pools and this is one of the very best areas of the beach. The remodelded rooms are very nice. Have stayed at several Myrtle Beach hotels and find it to be at the very top of the medium priced resorts. Very well suited to families with children. I would recommend it to anyone, especially during the week it seems to be less crowded.

• Stayed April 2006