“the cove”

Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 10, 2012

i had the most fun at the compass cove the 2 times i went and im coming back to visit again and they have a real nice hotel and i had my family with me we had so much fun there and the pool and women are really nice it was alot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: higher levels are the best and they are clean because thats were i stayed
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank kwaneal h

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with a kitchen. was very clean, great view of the ocean, right on the beach. I would definitely stay here again. Friendly great service. we got a pack&play for our granddaughter to sleep in at no charge. close to shops. swimming pools, outside bar was great ! Perfect place for couples or families and great prices..

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sbe1958
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Resort this past week during the 4th of July. The resort was clean and very helpful with any needs that we had. I called the front desk a couple of times to request some things that we needed and they were very quick to respond. We enjoyed the lazy rivers and pools and slides very much. We also ate dinner a couple of times at the Crows Nest Restaurant and the food was excellent. They have specials running everyday and the portions of food are great for the money. We will be staying there again next year. They are very family and child friendly in the resort which is very important to us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimberly T
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Kimberly T,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort. We love hearing your feedback as it lets us know what we are doing well and where we need to improve. It is nice to hear that our staff was able to provide you with everything you needed for a comfortable vacation. I am so glad you enjoyed all of the water amenities that we have on property as well as our restaurants. We do our best to provide you with everything you need while on vacation so that you don’t even have to leave the resort! Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Compass Cove Resort for your family getaway. We all look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husbund and I really loved this hotel. With our two young children it was nice because between the pools and the ocean it kept them occupied. It has great restaurants right there on the premises so you don't have to go out in the traffic of myrtle beach to get food. Our room was oceanfront and was VERY clean and updated. Everyone I came encountar with that worked there was very nice. I honestly don't have any complaints. I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Monica M
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Monica M,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort. It is so nice to hear that your children had fun with all of the pools that we have to offer. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of the restaurants we have on property. We take great pride in our resort and do our best to keep things clean and in good working order. I am so happy we were able to provide you and your family with a fun vacation. We all look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The oceanview rooms in the Schooner building are great. Breakfast buffet was very good, staff great, especially Doc at the Tiki bar!

As this is a family oriented place, there are alot of kids. Our room was right above one of the pools which could get noisy at times but that didn't bother us.

The beach is great, ocean warm.

We would definately return.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms in the Schooner building were the best. As this is a family oriented place, there w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank BennyOttawa
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear BennyOttawa,

Thank you for taking the time to share some comments about your latest stay with us at Compass Cove Resort. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort and the numerous amenities we have to offer. I will be sure my Food and Beverage Manager sees your positive comment about Doc – we do our best to reward employees who are recognized for their excellent customer service. Thank you for choosing to stay at Compass Cove. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked this trip for a spring break trip, but had to reschedule due to an issue at work. We arrived instead the first weekend in June and AFTER paying for the room were given a form to sign which stated that "NO PETS" were allowed. I have been writing reviews for Trip Advisor for a long time, and found this very hotel under the catagory of "Pet Friendly". Come to find out, they only allow pets in the winter. We drove over 4 hours with 5 children and our little Chihuahua only to be TUNRNED AWAY!!! We ended up staying in the Affordable Family resort across the street, but had a HORRIBLE vacation because the money we paid to Compass Cove was not refunded to our account for a WEEK after our trip. I was and still am very upset that they didn't send that form as soon as we booked the trip. As a result, we had only HALF the money we had budgeted for the trip, had to eat peanut butter and jelly, and didn't get to buy any souvenirs for the kids.

Room Tip: Make sure to get all the information before booking with this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
CompassCoveResort, Owner at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear sdwalker71,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Compass Cove Resort. I would like to apologize to you and your family for the misunderstanding of our pet policy. I realize that this was a major inconvenience for you during your stay in Myrtle Beach. I hope in the future you will consider staying at our resort as I am confident we could provide you and your family a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Please feel free to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns.

Accounting Manager
sarah.cornell@compasscove.com

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been traveling to the compass cove since it was the old swamp fox. Over the years things have changed so much, mainly for the better. The only complaints I have were the recent addition of swimming bracelets. After being a very good customer for over 30 years, I refuse to wear one. Also, finally getting restrooms in the lounge was way over due. I don't know how many times we almost killed ourselves going down the slippery stairs to the locker room bathrooms by the indoor pool. One other thinng is the Crow's Nest. Please keep the kids OUT!!!!! We used to go there every evening for our 10 day stay, last year we were there for a half hour and we left there were kids singing karaoke. It was a nightmare and we did not return. I am talking about a group of 20 of us. the bar lost alot of money on my group last year and I am sure several others. And on of the best employees that has ever worked for you is Miss jeannie Cartner in the Golf department. She is worth her weight in gold.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends