Overall our stay here was a good one... The location is good, overall it is quiet. The beach is very clean and nice. Everything is a very reasonable walk to get to... beach, pools(23 water attractions), Tiki bar, restaurants, your car, etc... all were easy to walk.
Some things to note:
- Housekeeping didnt do much for us... Our sheets never got changed in 5 night stay... but it was surprising that it was only suppose to happen every 3rd day(housekeeper told me). If you expect more, you better tell them.
- Even though there is a sign at the pools, I would watch everyday when people would come out and put towels on the chairs. By 9:15 every morning every chair was taken.
- We enjoyed the different pools... and Tiki Bar.
- WARNING:This place was crowded. If are looking for a relaxing, low key, peaceful getaway... this might not be the place. Of course, we went over July 4th week but all of the pools were crowded... and so was the beach! Not much room to move. The beach was very convenient and nice. It was clean and going from the resort to the beach was easy.
- WARNING: Dont get there around check-in time... WOW. There was a line out the door. Also, be careful because if you come early, you have to come and get the keys... and that line was just as long. Now... check-in went well and wasnt too bad, but you will need some patience.
- Parking for us was great... same level as our room. I dont think it is the same way in other buildings.
- Food at both restaurants was good. Breakfast was great at Compass Rose... Crows Nest food and drinks were good also.
- Slides are nice... lazy rivers are small... Pools are fine, nothing fancy.
- Most service people were pleasant. One man at the front Guest Info counter was worthless, the lady there was very nice.
I would recommend this place to anyone if you dont mind a crowd. Myrtle is a crowded place, so maybe everyone is ok with it. I just didnt expect there to be that many people on the beach. It is not a 5 Star Resort but it is a good place for a family or some people wanting a getaway. I gave it 4 stars for all the pools and services, but our room was a 3 star. I know they have better ones, so dont let this stop you from coming here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront