This was our second trip to Compass Cove - our first was last fall for our anniversary - and this time we brought along my Dad and aunt.
I am a hotel Director of Sales in Charleston, SC and my partner works for a resort rental company. When we check into a hotel, we check out everything - including stripping the beds in search of bedbugs and dirty linens - before we ever bring in our bags. We both have spent a lot of time inspecting rooms, and we were both impressed with the cleanliness of both rooms. The accommodations are very comfortable, and this is the nicest oceanfront Myrtle Beach hotel I have ever visited.
We spend our days at the lazy river in front of the Schooner building. It is the nicest and cleanest of the lazy rivers on the property. My only criticism of the property is the condition of the lazy river on the Pinnacle side of the property - it feels run down and not very clean in comparison to other pools on property.
We ate breakfast in the Compass Rose each morning, and either had meals or drinks nearly every day at the Crow's Nest. Prices, particularly for food, are very reasonable and the food is tasty. I wish prices for frozen cocktails weren't quite so high - I would have had quite a few more drinks during non-happy hour times if the pina coladas weren't $7 each for a small cup!
What really makes this property shine is the staff. We were blown away by the friendliness, courtesy, and overall sense of welcome we experienced. That attitude is hard to find in hospitality, and we encountered it all over the hotel. In particular, we loved our housekeeper, Mellody. She was friendly and went out of her way to make sure that we were comfortable and our room was perfectly clean. I was there one afternoon as she cleaned our bathroom. She didn't cut any corners.
We are loyal Compass Cove customers, and will return again as soon as we can get away for another trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Vacatia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront