This is the first time we stayed at the Compass Cove. We stayed in the Pinnacle Tower, one bedroom Oceanfront End Suite. It had a bedroom with two double beds, kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster, oven, stove and granite counter tops, and a living room with murphy bed and fold out sofa. It also had a very nice oceanfront balcony. The room was clean upon arrival. We arrived a few hours before check-in and our room was not ready for us. The man who checked us in was very friendly and gave us access cards and arm bands so we could go ahead and use the pools and parking. He let me know that all I had to do was call the front desk around 3pm to find out if the room was ready and what the room number would be (even said "so you don't have to come back down here.") So around 3pm, I called the front desk and was told I had to come back down to the front desk area to have my cards (keys) re-keyed for the room. I was also told that they could not give me the room number over the phone for security reasons. When I went back to the front desk to get my room number and cards re-keyed, I had to wait about 15 minutes in line (again). And never once did the man helping me ask to see identification. So much for security! The remainder of the stay was pretty good. The kids had a great time in the pools and on the slides. The only issue with the pools was that there was a group of about 10 teens jumping and throwing tubes at each other in the lazy river. I saw parents with small children leaving the lazy river because the teens were so wild and screaming loudly. The signs up clearly stated that each person must be on a tube and floating in the lazy river. Never once did I see a pool attendant to address the problem. Thank goodness there were other lazy rivers that I was able to take my children. I would go back to Compass Cove but not sure it would be my first choice in Myrtle Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront