“WHAT A GREAT RESORT”

Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes
Ranked #14 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I love staying at this hotel!!!! Room Service was great, and the turn down service was a very nice touch. Wish i got in more time at the pool :( I'll be back thanks guys!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 19, 2009

After a long fall, my hubby and I decided to go to Myrtle Beach to visit some friends and family.

Hubby wanted to have an ocean view, and being a fan of the Marriott chain, we decided on the Dunes.

The hotel lobby was very attractive. The staff checking in was more than accomodating and friendly.

We got up to our room (which ended in a "7" ) these rooms have a side and ocean view. Very pretty, comfortable and clean.

Beds were very comfy, pillow top mattress. Bath was plentiful with towels and soaps etc.

We arrived very late Saturday and decided on breakfast in bed the next morning. Was very, very good. Was surprised, actually. The wait staff was wonderful and the meals came before the allotted time. And, they were hot!

Was beautiful weather, so rather than stick our toes in the freezing cold ocean or pool, we laid on one of the many hammocks and enjoyed the day.

The Bar was very nice, comfortable, with big screen tv's and a couple sofas and tables and chairs.

The restaurant for dinner was only so-so. We ate there one night and decided to try one of the restaurants recommended by the concierge. (See Ciao in restaurant section)

I would recommend the Marriott Dunes. Prices more reasonable "off" season. And not so crowded.

We will be staying there again in future visits.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank LarryandLoisLeisure
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I highly recommend this resort for a great family time. Fun for everyone, teenagers, parents or even little ones! The staff is friendly and the resort is gorgeous. Beautiful beach and pool. Cabanas are available for rentals and wait staff is at your poolside. We ate at the restaurant on premises, the food was good but a bit pricey. The only complaint I have is they charge for internet service daily. I think for the daily rates they charge it should be included. Otherwise, I would have stayed longer if at all possible.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank joelisaizquierdo
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We stayed there over the weekend to attend a wedding nearby. From the moment that we checked in, the staff went above and beyond. Our bags were held and delivered as soon as the room was cleaned (which was much earlier than we had expected), we were greeted a number of times by the manager, Mrs. Ray who was extremely helpful and cordial. She even printed directions to our wedding venue location for us from the hotel & remembered us afterward and checked in at the pool to make sure everything was ok. The breakcast buffet was incredible and the wait staff would never let your coffee cup dry! We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank misterbenson
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Normally, I would never vacation in Myrtle Beach. I find the area to be too commercial and over crowded. However, this summer, my son was in the National Baseball tournament, so we had no choice. Luckily, my husband, daughter and I decided to stay at the Marriott, while my son and his team stayed at the Springmaid Beach Hotel. This was a fantastic choice. First of all, if you do not like the hustle and bustle of the Grand Strand this is the hotel for you. The hotel was very private and lush and I never felt like I was in Mrytle Beach. However, you are quite a ways from everything and cannot walk to restaurants, etc. I found the staff to be overly accommodating and very nice. The service throughout the hotel was very good. I felt the pool and beach atmosphere was wonderful. The only problem with the beach was the broken shells. You really do need water shoes.

The whole family loved the hotel so much that we are considering buying a timeshare. You know that this is a great hotel when I never would ever have imagined buying anything in Myrtle Beach before I vacationed at the Marriott!!

I have to add that my daughter, husband and I did enjoy Broadway at the Beach and my son and his friends enjoyed the teen night club in town.

So, I will return to Myrtle Beach, if only, for this great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank janetny
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Just got back from our 5 night stay at the hotel. Everything was great. We had wonderful help from the valets in order to get our suitcases from our car. Check-in was very easy and the staff was very friendly. We were upgraded to an ocean-view room as well as when we got to to the room we had a basket of fruit because of our birthdays. The air-condidtioner did not work that well but they did everything they could to fix it. When we got back on the third night after complaining (nicely) there was a box of candy and an apoligy note from the manager. They also gave us back some of our points from this vacation. On our last night, the manager called the room to check on the heat. I told her it was managable and she offered to give us a few fans, which we did not need at that time. I was very impressed with the staff

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2009

If you are going to myrtle beach for vacation this is the place to stay. Great pools with a water slide and right on the beach.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Island Vista
Island Vista
#5 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes? Share your experiences!