“Always happy with Atlantica”

Atlantica Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #109 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Woodburn
“Always happy with Atlantica”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We returned to MB for the first time in several years and my first thought was to book at Atlantica. This is the only hotel we have stayed at and we've always been happy. We were happy to find a spring special at substantial savings. We booked for 4 nights. The hotel didn't disappoint. We had a 1 BR condo with full kitchen including a dishwasher and washer and dryer! The bedroom and living room with oceanfront balcony were separate with the kitchen in the middle. The WiFi was great. We had our own wireless router in the room. This hotel is within walking distance to pier 14, SkyWheel. The only complaints I had were 2 burned out light bulbs but maintenance replaced those promptly. There is just one small elevator. They have a full selection of pools and a lazy river. I would recommend Atlantica to anyone.

Room Tip: Definitely request oceanfront room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Linea K, Front Office Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Ardis,

Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was a faithful returning guest. I am so glad you find all your needs met here. Let me know when your planning on returning and It would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation.

linea.krob@atlantica-resort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, the front desk and other staff were GREAT! Easy access to the beach, great pools and lazy river. But, the hotel could use some upgrades, small things make the difference. Internet problems, broken tv remotes, stains on the counters and walls, etc. room could have been cleaner also.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and staff. we take pride in being the friendliest staff on the beach. I am sorry to hear you had some issues with your room and I would like to hear more about it. If you have a free moment to give me a call that would be great. I agree small things can make a big difference. I look forward to hearing from you.

Winchester, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The building is a bit old and somewhat dated however it was clean and comfortable. The pools were great and the staff were very helpful. I would stay here again if what you want is ocean, sun, sand and relaxation. The only negative was that you do have to wait on the elevator. We went when it wasn't really busy. I cant imagine how long you would have to wait for elevator on a busy day. All said, i would stay here again! The price was right, it was clean and comfortable

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rose,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back. I am so glad to hear that you will be back. I do apologize about the elevators taking sometime but glad to hear you really enjoyed yours stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Let me know when you are ready to book your next stay and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Archdale
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had an excellent trip to Myrtle Beach and absolutely loved staying at the Atlantica. Everyone was very friendly. Room was very clean. Excellent view of the ocean. Pool areas were cleaned every morning, including the flooring. There are foot and body showers to wash off the sand before going in the pool or to your room. Washer, dryer, dish washer, fridge... excellent. Beds were comfortable. We plan on returning soon.

Room Tip: Oops - no fitness room... meant to not click on it. It would be great to have a fitness room though...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are go glad you had such a great stay. We take pride in being the friendliest staff on the beach and that we provide amenities that make your stay more enjoyable. When you are ready to book your stay do not hesitate to call.

Sincerley,

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a last minute trip to Myrtle Beach. I had booked our room online through Hotels.com after reading reviews. Our check in process was very quick and easy. We stayed in room 602 in building 1 and loved it. The building is a bit older, but our room was very clean and had everything we needed - it even had a washer and dryer. As a very nice gesture, the manager on duty called an hour or so after we checked in to make sure our room was acceptable and if we needed anything. The price for our room was very reasonable and we will for sure come back to the Atlantica for our next visit later this summer.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Linea K, Front Office Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Angie,
I am so glad that you love it here. We strive to make sure when our guest are here you are treated more like family, and that you have all the amenities of home minus the clean up. When you are ready to plan that vacation later this summer do not hesitate to call me. If there is anything I can do to make you stay more pleaseureable do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerley,

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The absolute worst hotel I have ever experienced. The building was nasty, walkways littered, elevator looked as though never cleaned. Trash and debris in every corner. Hand prints everywhere. Entire building smelled of urine. In room, debris in carpet, floors nasty, refridge was warm. But last straw was loose railing on balcony on 12th floor, with bolts hanging from wall. And after getting no response from front desk upon requesting another room/building, I checked out, fearing for my family's safety from a balcony fall, bug bites, nasty conditions, warm food in fridge, and zero customer service. This place should be prevented from being open. I hope whatever inspections there must be will soon find this place in violation of every ordinance pertaining to it. No matter what "special rates" they offer, this will be a waste of money in the very least. And from the time I called and then checked out, I still have not received any communication of concern from this establishment. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank beachbabemom

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Rocky Mount, Virginia
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We arrived on a busy Saturday, one in which they ended up totally booked. We arrived way before check in time and took advantage of the locker rooms to change and enjoy the beach most of the first day. Check in was easy, the locker rooms were clean and the lazy river area were clean and inviting. The first night was trying as the large group that was there for the weekend had a party in the room beside of ours but we called the front desk and it was taken care of within minutes. The large group kept the one elevator busy and at times the wait was longer that we like but staying on the 12th floor made the steps a little more than we wanted to try. After the large group left Sunday the stay was great. The room was clean, the staff all curious and helpful. We booked our stay for the fall with an upgrade to a 2 bedroom unit.

Room Tip: I like to get up early and watch the sunrise, my husband likes to sleep in so I would ask for a unit...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan W
Susan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. I am excited to hear that we will have another opportunity to WOW you. We take pride in maintaining our property and having the frienliest staff on the beach. If there is anything you need to make your future stay more pleasureable do not hesitate to contact.