“a little improvment”

Ranked #136 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Douglasville, Georgia
“a little improvment”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

i enjoyed my weekend stay but have complaints, :( First like in most the reviews i have read the house keeping wasn't good at all, they came ONCE emptied the trash and left, didn't make the beds, didn't bring towels didn't clean the any part of the room. Second, i believe i was in the only room without a balcony, which isn't a huge deal but wish i would have known ahead of time considering i paid for the room 2 months in advance so should have had the option, but again no big deal. Third, the refrigerator didn't work the first night i was there, i was told to not get comfortable because i was getting moved to another room, waited till 11pm to find out that wasn't going to happen. Fourth my room was on the 1st floor so ALL through the night you can here the lobby door slam and other guest being loud. And last the beds were VERY uncomfortable. I know this seems like a lot reading it but other that that the Front desk staff at pelmetto hotel (where we had to check in) were VERY nice and friendly and location was amazing and we had a great time. Also i would love to come back if improvements are made.

Room Tip: do not get a room on the first floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cooper71505

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Even though paperwork said check in was at 4pm, our room was ready at 1:30 and the front desk gladly checked us in. The room was much larger than we anticipated and very clean. Every staff member we met was friendly and helpful. The location was perfect - right on the beach and close to everything! We loved it and already planning our next trip back next month.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy J
Chatham
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed 5/6/13-5/10/13. Check in was not very clear to me but I managed to find the right bulding and room after a long luggage ride between buildings. The rooms and pools were
very clean and well maintained the staff and HOUSE KEEPING VERY NICE. Shelly made a
special effort to bring my breakfast coupons to my room that went with my reservation. I will
stay again in Sept.

Room Tip: I stayed in one bedroom Penthouse suit in the Alanitica Building
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Shelley was very helpful at check in! Every problem was addressed and corrected immediately! Our condo was clean and comfortable! Service responded promptly! Our stay was very enjoyable! Right on the beach front!

Room Tip: Shelley was great at time of check in!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank firenoww
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We came in a day earlier than expected, we had reservations for the next evening. We were able to book the additional day and have same room. It meant Atantica having to do some moving around, but they did so with a smile. We were very surprised at the room accomodations, they were awesome! We loved SC and NC and definitely are already planning another visit. Would definitely recommend this property. Very clean. Great, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Corner suite had great view coming into room and while in room over ocean. Awesome to have a washer...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Without notice they changed check in from 3 to 4, we were placed in wrong room type, was not placed in correct room until third day of seven day stay, first night in room found no blankets or pillow cases, tried calling front desk 5 times over 2 hours with no answer, went down to front desk that by the way is 3 buildings over, stated would send up blankets and pillow cases, these showed 3 hours later after we were sleeping, since they do not staff the building we were in the noise level was out of control, after we moved to correct room - night 3 now - all was going well until the sounds of the strip came flowing into our room, the sound of car horns and screaming teens was constant, daughter slept with TV on, then our neighbors came back, a bunch of 20 year old's that partied until after 4am, sound traveled so much through the walls I can tell you their conversations verbatim, The view was great but that was only positive, 5 outside pools not useable as they were too cold, the indoor pool in our building was also cold, I shared my concerns with the general manager on day 2, he said he would take care of us but that just consisted of transferring us to the room (on day three) we should have been in day one, elevators were slow, In its day this may have been a nice resort but now it is just a party place that is showing the ware and tare, if you are a college student you will have a blast, if you are on family vacation run... this has taken over as worst accommodations ever while on family vacation

Room Tip: Cant help with this.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian P

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Whitesboro, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After driving 15 hours ,we got to the resort and checked in. The non smoking room smelled like someone smoked a carton of cigarettes.Upon calling the front desk the phone just rang and no one answered.They must have been on their dinner break.I had to go to the front desk on the way to dinner and tell them.The person at the desk apologized.After dinner we proceeded to get to bed and we noticed there was no sheets ,blankets or pillows for the sofa bed and also no blankets for the rest of the beds.I then called the front desk and requested the items needed to get some sleep and they showed up 45 min later.At approx 530 am my mother in law who was sleeping on the murphy bed was awaken by dipping water from the room above.So once again we called the front desk and they said we could move to a different room so the 4 people in the room had to packup and move at 545 am.We arrived at the new room and my mother in law noticed 2 baby roaches on the stove to. She told the security guy who was so nice to help us and he asked if we wanted to get the room sprayed. The room next door had 3 bags of trash in the hallway.Maybe that was part of the problem. Anyway we went to sleep and prayed not to see any more roaches.Our prayers worked because we didn't see any more roaches that day.That morning tried to make coffee and the coffee maker didn't work so i called the front desk to get a replacement one along with some towels because the housekeeping staff was not around the whole time we were there.Three hours later I brought the coffee maker to the front desk and once again they apologized and said they would have one for us when we got back to our room. Our last night I woke up to a roach on the wall opposite my bed.I proceeded to get our luggage and get checked out .I informed the person at the front desk and she also apologized .I asked to speak to the manager. She said he won't be in until 9 am.I asked for a phone number to a supervisor and she said she didn't know who that was. The pros are great pool and beach The cons no housekeeping,poor management,thrash in the halls and just bad customer service.Atlantica could give me a free weeks stay and I wouldn.t let my dog stay there

Room Tip: use a different resort
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family