“Enjoy my stay had a great experience”

Atlantica Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #137 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and i had a great time there it was are anniversary, we had reservation for the weekend but came to myrtle beach a day early and ended up having to stay in a different hotel for the first night it was the worst place we ever had to stay at.. But when we arrived at the hotel Palmetto Shores the clerk Theresa was so very helpful and so nice when she check us in are room wasn't ready yet so she gave a keys so we could go to the pool until are room was ready and took my cell number to call when it was ready. Theresa called us about 1pm to let me know it was ready to come to the front desk to pick up the keys when i went to get the keys she told me she left us something in the room and hope it would make are stay alittle better when we arrived in the room she had a bottle of champange for us. And yes it made are anniversary awhole lot better.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bennett_4net
There are newer reviews for Atlantica Oceanfront Resort

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We checked in on 07/28 and had issues with our room being ready. We had requested a high floor when our reservations were initially made and called to confirm that we would be accomodated prior to our arrival. Upon checkin, we were advised our room was on the 3rd floor. After discussions, they did find a room on 12, but it was not ready at that time and we had to wait a bit.

I love having a washer and dryer as it helps with reducing how much you need to pack. Our first day, we noticed the dryer did not work. We called and requested someone to look at it. The following day, when no one had shown up, we called again. Finally maintenance showed up and said he had initially been sent to the wrong room. He basically looked at the unit and told us "it's not working, we'll need to order parts". It appeared it was the heating element and he said they do not staock any parts, it all subcontracted out. he said someone would be there the next day to fix it, on a Sunday.
I knew very well there would be no repairs on a Sunday, and of course there was not. Interestingly enough, I reviewed another comment below on room 1251, our room, that had the same issue two weeks prior.

I went to the from desk to discuss, and I was advised it was the condo's owners issue, not theirs. The condo owner would need fix it. I had no ideal what she was talking about as there was no reference in any of my docs that I was dealing with a condo owner vs the Atlantica. I asked to talk to the manager and was advised he would call me. Shocker, he never called. Needless to say, we wen the week w/o a dryer and just hung our clothes out on the balcony to dry.

Not real impressed and son't stay at this property again. Interestingly enough, my wife was asked by my daughters dance studio to check with various hotels on toom info fo ra group of approx 20 families next July for a dance cometition that will be held at the Myrtle Beach Convention center. As you could expect, the Atlanitca certainly did not make the list.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed in a two bedroom condo from July 27-31 and for the overall it was a good hotel. The pool area was nice and the hotel is at a good location if you want to go to the boardwalk. There is a couple of things that the hotel needs to work on like the parking and elevators. Here are the things we found wrong with the room: bathroom smelled like a gym, there was no bowls, one pan, one pot, The blender started smoking when we tried to us it, The DVD player did not work on the TV.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Property was very outdated, room furnishing were old and inadequate, room was dirty with musty smell, property was dirty, housekeeping staff skipped our room one day, kitchen sink leaked, refrigerator was missing parts, pool was murky, parking was inadequate and inconvenient. Terrible value for the money paid.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lacobrts
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Pros: Great pools...our son loved the Lazy River. Great beach access and great beach. Clean. Within walking distance to Boardwalk (a few blocks). When contacted for assistance (needed towels, non-working toaster, non-working dvd player) a speedy response was provided. Very nice condo overall. Great view. We would return to Atlantica.

Cons and Tips: Not near enough luggage carts. I suggest getting one the night before departure and keeping it in your room. You're not supposed to do that, but you really don't have much of an option. There were none when we arrived and we had to wait for one. Another time we needed one for groceries and had to search for one on our own. We eventually found one on the other side of the resort. They just need more or need to have their employees spend more time retrieving them.

At first, parking is a big hassle. There was only room for about 5 cars in front of the resort when we were to check in and when you don't know where to go and that parking area is full, it's stressful.
First, find out what building you are in before you get there. There is not just one building. You might check in at one building only to find your room is actually in another. Plan on parking across the street (Ocean Blvd) from your building if you don't see any spaces in front of the resort. Once you get the hang of parking across the street, it's no big deal.

Our dishwasher was loud and didn't clean well at all.
The toaster was broken (however, one was provided without delay).
The kitchen was lacking on pans etc...we ended up buying a decent frying pan and a pitcher.
There is only one elevator. Plan to do some waiting, but it is managable.

I might suggest checking in later in the day to avoid the crowd, it can get pretty unbearable. If you want something very quiet, rent something farther away from the boardwalk. There is a lot of traffic (car and pedestrian) on Ocean Blvd.

You might take flipflops to wear on the beach. The sand was very hot in July and there are a lot of broken shells along the beach.

Overall a great family vacation destination. However, if you're looking for something calm and quiet, this probably isn't the place for you unless maybe you go in the off season.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

I booked a two bedroom condo, oceantfront. My main complaint is check in. Luckily I had printed all my confirmations, which I made through the hotel site, not expedia, or such. The balance the computer showed was almost 600 more dollars than the balance I had confirmation of. The first girl, Samantha, was very nice and called a manager right away. Although neither of them (manager or her) were able to get into the computer program to fix the mistake, I was able to pay the correct amt. on my credit card. My room wasn't ready at that time (2:30) but she said to come back at 3:30 , which is when the room was guaranteed to be ready. We went and ate and shopped a little, so it was 4:00 before we went back to the hotel. There was another girl working at the desk (Amanda). First she informed me my room wasn't ready. I told her the first girl said it was guaranteed by 3:30, and instead of apologizing or whatever, she rudely informed me "Hon, you're room isn't ready. I know we say 3:30 but hon, we have no control over the housekeeping". So I ask her , well, when would it be ready. She called me "HON" rudely for the third time and I thought my head would explode. She gets on the phone and calls housekeeping, turns out room is ready after all. She then proceeds to tell me I owe 576.00 more dollars which was the original mistake. Asks me if I paid or what. While I am trying to explain what happened to her, she ignores me, gets on the phone and starts telling whomever "she says she's paid, it's not marked as paid in the computer, etc". I'm trying to tell her who I talked to when I came in, Samantha and the manager, Jordan, and she totally ignores me. By this time, I've driven 10 plus hours, hung out waiting for a room, been called a name I despise not once but 3 times, and now has been implied that I have not paid. She finally says whatever and gives me my room keys. I do get a copy of my bill at this time, but its not marked paid or anything. She does not tell me anything about the parking, or whatnot like I hear her telling others who are checking in. Sorry Amanda, but 600.00 is a lot of money, and the hotel is definitly not that caliber of hotel for me to pay that. She did apologize afterwards, but I was already upset by that point and worried about what my final bill was going to be. Luckily, it looks like someone took care of it, at checkout all seemed ok. My other complaint is the elevators and the lack therof. I mean seriously. Also, thanks to all the rude people staying at the hotel, I had to carry all my luggage and whatnot down the elevator by hand because thoughtless people are hoarding the luggage racks. And not having an in room safe was a headache, too. I'm paranoid about having my stuff just out where anyone could see so I put the do not disturb in the door and just asked them for towels and trash removal and cleaned up myself (they did always bring what I asked). And while I am venting about the people at the hotel, and I realize the hotel can't do anything about it, but please, Malibu Barbie, the next time you decide to move my towels and sit yourself down in my chairs, please make sure I'm not in the pool watching you do it. I hate it when people make dibs on chairs and then hit the beach and never lie in them, but come on. I was right there in the lazy river watching you and your twenty kids plop down on my chairs (and I only had 2. one for me and my daughter, who was also cooling off in the pool). And then for the boyfriend to come back to sit beside you and say loudly enough for me to hear "did they get one of your chairs?" Its rude!! I didn't say anything because between the front desk, Lou at Captain Hooks mini golf I didn't think I could stand another confrontation. The rooms were spacious and clean, though it could use a major overhaul. The carpet in my bedroom had big burns in the floor, looked like from an iron. The room had a wall ironing board, so not sure what happened there. We did have a washer and dryer which was nice, and the view was fantastic. The balcony was large and the hotel is in a fabulous location, you can walk to the boardwalk and downtown in no time, which was nice, because you sure couldn't stay out late at night or you would have no where to park. All in all, for the price I ended up paying it wasn't bad, but I'm sensing a trend in MB...you pay on price online and they try to charge you double once you get there. I've never used bookit , or expedia, or anything, either...this was booked through their website. I'm not sure I'd stay here again, because the money issue was a major problem for me. I can't stay somewhere where I can't trust them to stand by their own website.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I have no idea where to start but we stayed five days at the Atlantica tower.
The Ugly
Housekeeping is absolutely atrocious. If it wasnt for us complaining I dont know if we would have even got service ifwe didnt speak to the night manager.
The Bad
The check in process took way too long for our liking. They were doing a shift change so people were all over the place but half of them wouldnt help us. Not too mention the room wasnt ready until after 3:45.
The Good
When we did speak to someone at the front desk they were great. Alli, Rachel and Roxy were all amazing while we were here. They handled the crowds well and were still very kind after being constantly screamed at by people all day.
As I stated earlier housekeeping was horrific but we ended up getting great service from Mr. mercedes the General Manager and the night manager Zach. They both got us the full services we requested and gave us their cell phone numbers in case we had any issues.

Id stay at atlantica again but they really need to fix a few things, if they got those things fixed this could be an awesome hotel because they already have great people.

• Stayed: July 2011